Thursday 28 March 2024

Thursday evening, 28-03-24

Good evening, everyone.  What an odd day it has been.  Lovely sunshine interspersed with lashing rain, cold enough for me to look out my oodie and, down in the west country, snow.  Actual snow.  Crazy.

It didn't stop me heading off for Longacres to meet my lovely friend, Diane, for coffee, a good old chat and a look around, after the online SET class and an earlier coffee/chat with Chris.  Loads of chat today.  I came back, freezing cold and slightly damp but with a nice pot of budding tulips that will go into the soil once they have flowered.  Diane treated herself to two beautiful orchids.  As she said, better than a bunch of flowers.

Later on, dear Matt the Plumber came round, showed me how the loo seat went on (easy when you know how) so now it is no longer wonky, showed me how the light fitting worked (ditto) and we discussed some home improvements I may wish to have done some time in the future.  He looked, did some rough measuring and will send me estimates.  What a treasure that man is - not only the best plumber in town but a jolly nice chap as well.

That was the busier part of the day.  The rest involved more coffee, knitting, reading and watching telly stuff.  All very nice and relaxing.

Tomorrow is  pretty much a normal Friday with a bit of end-of-month jiggery pokery.  So Slimming World comes first, then shopping - Sainsbury's this week because of things they have in - and also I need to fill up with petrol.  Then I want to just tie up the end of month accounts because I will be out on Saturday and don't really want to spend Sunday on them.
I've tried quite hard this month to be less spendy and I'm delighted that I can pay for the car insurance without needed to move anything from savings.
I'm still going to have to be careful though because:

    the council stuff starts again and
    it has gone up
    so has other stuff
    my income for April will be what arrived in March, so no usable increase until May
    while the Potters break is all inclusive, Center Parcs is likely to be a bit more spendy
    extra petrol to get there and back - both places

Oh, well, not to worry.  I am so thankful that all this is manageable and, while I pay for Circuits and Groove in April, I won't have to shell out for the next block of Personal Training sessions until May.
Count my blessings - definitely!

Have you had a good day too.  I'm hoping my blog friends with various aches and pains have found themselves feeling a lot more comfortable through the day and we will all sleep really well tonight, no matter how cold and windy it gets.
See you tomorrow.  xx

10 comments:

  1. What are you knitting? It's definitely snuggle in front of the fire with some knitting kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just scarves for homeless people - it's a Five Lakes initiative and I'll be going there at the end of April. I've done around nine and it would be lovely to have ten to take with me and donate. A good way to use op my stash in a way that will be used and needed. xx

      Delete
  2. Like you I am having a snuggle in front of the television with some knitting. Did so earlier and will do so again. I had hoped to do some cross stitching, but much too cloudy for that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cosy thing to do, isn't it. Relaxing too. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds great. It is always a good feeling to plan for the future with the home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. An investment in more than the obvious way. Owning ones own home is such a responsibility. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you got out with your friend. Hope better weather is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's getting a bit much, all this rain. Boring! xx

      Delete
  5. March is supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, but I think the lamb got lost somewhere. x x x

    ReplyDelete