Saturday 28 November 2020

Saturday

 Morning, everyone.  Sorry I'm a bit late but I did an early morning shop to avoid any crowds.  They I needed to put things away and after that I was so hungry I had my breakfast and I've only just remembered!  Ooops.

Yesterday was quite a productive day.  I made some cranberry sauce in Thermione after a bit of a panic when I thought I didn't have any frozen cranberries (they were hiding) and that is now in the freezer in two containers.  Then I rather fancied making some caramelised red onion chutney as Leonie (my Thermomix 'consultant') said it was a great recipe.  And so it was - I'm definitely making more (did I say this yesterday?) for gifts.

The chat with Jackie was really pleasant, as was coffee with Beth.  There's a M&S food hall fairly close to hers so I seized the opportunity to pop in there and pick up a few things.  They do a nice range of sweets that are OK for vegetarians/vegans so I got some for Christmas so Beth can dip into the bowls just like the rest of us.

That was about it really.  In the evening I stitched and watched telly and got all tearful at THAT moment in 'An Extra Slice'.  Very aaaawwwww, wasn't it?

Today, I've done my shop and really the rest of the day  is going to be spent moving things from garage to house and sorting bits and bobs out because - just in case I haven't mentioned it enough already - tomorrow is Christmas Tree Day.  Woo hoo!

Right, well, having remembered to write and post this, I will love you and leave you and get on with stuff.  Hoping your day will be as pleasant as I expect mine to be.  Take care and be safe.  xx

6 comments:

  1. Our family tradition is to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve - I have the young children around to do mine as it gives their parents time to do last minute prep with excited kids out of the way. Of course that won't be able to happen this year but then the entire Christmas period is going to be different, isn't it.

    I'm so glad you are still able to follow your traditions and I have the feeling that you probably get more excited about Christmas Tree Day than I do 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally mine goes up the weekend before Christmas - whenever that is - and stays up until twelfth night. This year is different - I need early light, colour and sparkle.
      Next year, I hope very much to be back to the family traditional way again.
      I do get excited, yes. I love all the tradition and the special things that we do. None of it is all that amazing but it is our Christmas.
      And I so much hope that Dad will be able to celebrate with us next year.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've got the chimney sweep here on the 18th and no family here other than my bubble so I Might get round to putting a tree up...... eventually.

    Have Fun with your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > We will, I am sure of that.
      I guess that, with the sweep coming, it wouldn't be all that sensible to get the tree up until after h/she has finished anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  3. My tree goes up Christ The King Sunday. This year it is decorated and downstairs to save it from Kris's rather active cat.

    Morning early is the best time to shop isn't it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good day. Wow - Christmas tree up. I must admit I'm not feeling really festive but will make an effort. It will be a couple of weeks before we put the tree up though.

    ReplyDelete