Sunday 12 August 2012

Sunday morning

. . . and what a lovely sunny Sunday morning it is too.  Not too hot overnight, not humid this morning, blue skies and a gentle breeze.  Perfect.  I woke to the smell of baking bread (I love bread makers) but when I took the loaf out, it was a bit of a disaster.  Instead of a nice gentle convex dome, it was decidedly on the concave side.  Not sure what happened there, but the bread is still delicious, not heavy or tightly textured so it won't be wasted in the slightest.  In fact, I am sitting here with a mug of coffee and a slice of the bread, lightly buttered and it's perfectly delicious.  And sitting on the side, just cooling down before being put in the fridge, is a litre of home made yogurt.  Strawberry yogurt for dessert today - yum yum.

Yesterday was good after a night short on sleep.  Funnily enough, I didn't crash during the day but I did sleep well last night.
After sorting out the repercussions of Friday evening's internet stuff and whopping in a complaint, all was sweetness and light.  I got a fair amount of stuff done without pushing myself in any way - what more can one ask for?

Today DD is coming round.  I shall do a vegetable and egg thing for lunch for her and me - can't call it a tortilla because it won't have potato in but it will have onion, pepper, tomatoes and mushrooms.  DG doesn't like egg stuff much so I will give him some tuna and feta.  All this with salad!  And then strawberry yogurt for afters.

Having finished the slice of bread, I can say it was delicious, so whatever happened in the baking process didn't do it any harm.  Good - I don't like waste!

Another shot from the garden centre last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment