Thursday 9 August 2012

Thursday morning

. . . and it is nearly the end of the week yet again.  At this point I would normally be celebrating half way through the half term.  As it is, we are nearly half way through the summer holidays.  Oh, my!

I was out again yesterday - the car had to go back in one more time to finish off the work.  I am very glad that my daughter lives nearby and didn't mind me popping in or I'd have spend some very boring hours hanging around in town.  I used to put my car in to a lovely 'private' mechanic who almost always had a courtesy car available for use.  Jolly useful, it was too.  Anyway, when the car was collected, I drove DD to an appointment and then after that we went to one of the retail parks and have a Pizza Hut buffet lunch (delish) followed by a stroll around Comet and then Hobbycraft - and no, I didn't buy anything.  I seem to be getting quite good at not buying anything, don't I?

Back home again I turned the Olympics on and went to sleep!  Just as well really as I was kept up a bit later than usual with some mild fun and frolics on a site where I help to moderate some of the forums. 

Back to the weekend, my parents have a lovely garden which they keep in beautiful condition.  Here are just a few photos I took.




And they tasted delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment