Wednesday 1 November 2023

Wednesday, 01-11-23

 And here we are, November already, within grabbing distance of the Festive Season.  Yesterday evening seemed very peaceful - no unwanted visitors and, if there were fireworks around, they didn't bother me.  It helps that I tend to be Bluetoothed to the telly for some of the evening and once my aids are out and I'm in bed, I wouldn't hear fireworks anyway.

On Monday, I mentioned to Seth that I'd have to be out first thing on Tuesday and he said they probably wouldn't be there before I left.  That being so, I unlocked the back door (so they could get in to the socket) and took the early morning gently.  So, it was a bit of a shock to come down after my shower and hair wash with just a towel around me to see them already at work - never did I run back upstairs faster!
It turned out they wanted to get cracking on because of the bad weather forecast for Thursday so that everything is as strong and secure as possible.
Oh, well.

So this is now what it looks like . . . even more enormous now the roof's on but I'm getting used to it.  It will look very different but it will work with plenty of foliage to break it all up and make sort of eye pathways.  Honest!  

Groove was brilliant.  Lindsey puts together a new set of routines for each block and it's fun to do them the first time.  There such a good vibe in the hall with a wide range of fitness levels so there's plenty of opportunity to adapt and made things work for each individual.  I do so enjoy it all.

Later on, Sharon turned up and now my head feels nice and neat again.  It wasn't looking bad - in fact, at Groove, Linda said something to the effect that my hair was looking lovely, had I just had it done?!!  However, Sharon and I had worked out dates so that she can give me time a week or so before I depart on my festive jolly so it was rather sooner than usual this time.  After Christmas, we are back to every six weeks or so.  A plus is that because there's so much less work, she charges less, bless her.

Today is busy but not work.
I have to pop to Morrisons early because I find I am getting short on fruit and we can't have that.  It's even more important because Diane is coming over and we will want fruit for afters (she's a Slimming World girl too).  I really don't need to do a big shop at the moment but it's the fresh stuff that needs replenishing.

Diane's turning up just after ten and we have loads to talk about.  She got a phone call from One Traveller last week regarding travel options to Southampton - we're sharing transport and she said there are options we need to discuss and decide on.  
As well as all the other stuff, of course!

I'm looking forward to driving to Lindsey's this afternoon.  A long awaited, much delayed bridge/by-pass has just opened, finally, after much delay and set-back, which seems to have taken pretty much all the commuter traffic away from the road I use to get to Lindsey's house.  It's not such a problem coming home as the traffic has lightened somewhat but going is bang in the middle of the rush hour and it can be a bit of a nightmare really.  I'm looking forward to seeing what difference it makes.
And, of course, it will be dark - that's not so nice.

As I was awake and down ridiculously early, I do have a gentle time before anyone arrives or I need to go out.  Morrisons opens at seven so I'll be back before the lads arrive, for sure.  
It's time for a second coffee before going back up for bath, etc, I think.  Have a great day and I do hope all of us can stay safe and warm and any oncoming bad weather isn't as damaging as it could be.  Take care, everyone.  xx 

16 comments:

  1. Never good to be caught in just a towel, unless that's the intention;-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - and yesterday it certainly was NOT!!! ;-) xx

      Delete
  2. It’s all looking good! I would love something like this but it’s not feasible really in our garden. Looking forward to how you decorate the space and hope it will include lots of your lovely crochet as part of the soft furnishings. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at my various throws and thinking maybe . . . I have time to ponder on it all.
      I'm not sure it is totally feasible in my garden either but I will make it work. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope the very windy weather we are due to get doesn't do any damage to your new building before it's finished that would be awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit concerned but they seem to be doing all they can to make it as sturdy as possible . Bad timing . . . xx

      Delete
  4. That garden room will be so useful to you, looking forward to seeing the end result.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be very useful indeed, yes. xx

      Delete
  5. It will be lovely when its finished, one of the things we did in ours was Christmas day morning coffee.. we'd put on our heater when we got up so it was really toastie by 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sound fantastic. Absolutely delightful. xx

      Delete
  6. Your garden room is really taking shape now, Joy. I really hope that Storm Ciaran misses your part of the country after all the hard work that Seth and the guys have done so far. I'm sure it will all be fine. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's about half past five am and loads of rain but no wind worth speaking of - yet. Fingers are crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  7. You sound great! It's always a relief after the contractors finish their work. The routines you are learning sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph. It's going to be fab once they finish. I'm hoping they can get the cladding on soon - to my ignorant eye, it looks almost ready! :-)
      Yes, I always enjoy Groove and this block is going to be great.
      xx

      Delete
  8. You must have had quite a surprise!
    The work is progressing quickly. I can now get an idea as to how it is going to look when it's finished. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did rather, yes. It was good they were there early and they got loads done so no grumbling. I'll just be more ready from now on. :-) xx

      Delete