Saturday 11 November 2023

Saturday, 11-11-23

Morning, everyone.  It's a chilly start to the weekend with a bit of a frost but that means clear skies and clear skies means sunshine so no complaints from me.

Slimming World was good and I am in my target range again so big smiles all round.  I would like to lose a bit more to give me a buffer for the cruise, but I'm not stressing and just focusing on more or less healthy food most of the time.

Yesterday was the day things stopped working.  No, that's not quite right - things needed replacing.  Both the radio controlled clock and the TV control just needed new batteries so and were easily sorted.  The third thing (they always come in threes, don't they) was that the halogen light over my recliner chair died.  I do have replacements but they are in the garage and I couldn't face fighting through the clutter plus the lads' van was blocking the door anyway.  So, as I needed to do a small Morrison's shop, I looked in there and, joy of joys, found some daylight bulbs, perfect for lighting up the chair I do my knitting, etc, in.     It does look a bit different to all the others but it certainly makes a difference sitting under it so I'm very pleased.  

Today starts with an online SET class and I want to continue sorting stuff out.  At the moment it's more a case of deciding where stuff should go.  I'm finding there's not really all that much to actually get rid of (which I'm quite pleased about), just stuff that needs using or using up (like candles, diffuser stuff and so on.

Apart from that and a bit of washing, I'm having an easy day and staying warm.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Good result at Slimming World-well done. I have just moved the daylight lamp on to the side table at my chair. It’s not a thing of beauty but at least I can see to knit and do my crossword puzzle book. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm astounded by the difference it has made - and i wasn't any more expensive. And thanks. xx

      Delete
  2. Finding the right lighting is always a problem and one that we've never managed to solve satisfactorily. If it's aesthetically pleasing it's not efficient and if it's effective it looks quite utilitarian. I'm sure other people manage:-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Maybe, maybe not. I'm sticking with the slightly lopsided light-look. xx

      Delete
  3. My hat is off to you. I avoid stores esp since Covid. I am retired and need few clothes. I used to love shopping when we were raising our kids. My husband got me a shirt that said I Shop Therefore I Breathe. Now I just do not. If one of the grands and or my daughter comes we might do a quick shop. The two little grandsons whew do not like it. I go to grocery Publix weekly and Target every few weeks . Did my share though through the years for all the grands. I have never liked buying clothes for myself even when a size four. That changed when I hit sixty lol. I like your blog. Eager to see your new room. Will you have an enclosed entrance to it? I know I have kissed some blogs because you have alluded to a trip coming up. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the garden room is just as you see it, a glorified shed really. There's an entrance to the shed part at the side and that front gap will have bifold doors that fold to the outside but to get to it I will walk through the garden from the house.
      I never used to like buying clothes. When I was a size ** (not saying!), it was a case of 'if it fits, I get it - usually several'. So now it is such a delight to be able to get anything from any shop and it will fit. In fact, that's probably why I look at clothes so much - it is an endless joy.
      Funny you should say about retired-ness and fewer clothes. I find I need more now I've stopped teaching but they are more casual.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Kissed should be missed lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I had to look twice before I realised.
      Yes, I'm off on a festive cruise to find the Northern Lights. So exciting!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Well done at being in target weight. I also have a daylight bulb where I knit or do embroidery. Makes such a difference.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I need to swivel the fitting just a little bit for perfection. In facet . . . hang on . . . oh, it won't. Not to worry.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I've often wondered about getting a daylight bulb as I often feel gloomy in the Winter and they have been recommended. Well done on reaching the weight you wanted! When is your cruise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things in that way too, although it is for the better light for crafting that I got those particular bulbs. Worth a go, I think - I hope it helps.
      The cruise is over Christmas and New Year so a little while to go yet. xx

      Delete