Wednesday 29 November 2023

Wednesday, 29-11-23

Good morning, everyone.  It's a cold, cold morning; I've just checked the Beeb weather page and brrr - maximum of 3C and down to -4 tonight.  That's chilly!  No precipitation though - that kind of cold tends to go with clear skies and daytime sunshine round here.

Many thanks for all the get well soon wishes, etc - so lovely, cheering and comforting.  What a lovely lot you are.

A good day's work on the garden room yesterday.

The flooring is all in, the electrics are all done - I love the outside lights which can be switched on and off but are also controlled by a motion sensor .

The storage cupboards arrived and are now in but doorless at the moment.

All looking good and might it be finished by the end of the week?  I wonder.

I'm still not feeling great, it's mostly aches and tiredness now, so I'm taking another day out of general circulation.  I used to push on through but why?  It was different when I was working but now . . . I just want to take another day to feel better again.
So I am . . .
(definitely getting old!!  lol)

Lindsey has been most understanding about me missing three of her classes - in fact, she kind of suggested I take another day out and we can sort out catch ups as and when.  I was grateful for that.

Have a great day, everyone, and to those of you also affected by these viruses that seem to be going the rounds at the moment, get well soon and be kind to yourself.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to give in to viruses and let them take their course. Battling through does you no good and makes recovery longer. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think you have to rely a bit on pure instinct as to whether to take some time out or push it through. There's no need to do the latter at the moment so . . .
      Thanks, Janice. x

      Delete
  2. Agree with jabblog above. Pleased that you are not pushing yourself x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There doesn't seem to be much point, really. How are you feeling now? xx

      Delete
    2. Slowly getting there , thank you x
      Alison x

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear yhat you are getting over the bug. Another day of looking after yourself won't hurt. Plenty of Christmas movies on the TV channels 5 and 52.. utter rubbish but festive. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - as you say, utter rubbish. There's quite a lot of Doctor Who stuff on iPlayer at the moment and I have been enjoying some of that. xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you have a bug of some kind-there seem to be a great variety going the rounds. Hope you continue to improve. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the time of year, isn't it, Stuff goes the rounds. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  5. In America, we are mourning the loss of a great lady. Mrs. Carter, former First Lady and a great humanitarian. When our kids were little, we walked the streets of that tiny hometown of hers…Plains, Ga…my son took his little boys there this year. Her husband who is 99 will follow her. A great Christian couple…a life worth lived when we dwell on things…we realize they are not important. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of her death and I am, sorry for your sense of loss. I had a lot of time for the Carters - they were very honest and straight. As you say, a great lady and humanitarian with a very strong faith.
      My love to you.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I love those lights and having motion lights makes everything so much easier at night.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much easier. As the freezer will be out in the shed part, it's helpful to have the way well lit, especially in winter when it's more likely to be dark. xx

      Delete
  7. It is all looking fabulous, Joy.
    I really hope this virus doesn't take hold like it did with me. I'm still struggling. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. I'm really sorry you're still feeling so rotten - it really has hit you hard. Much love and sending healing vibes in your direction. xx

      Delete
  8. Oh I do hope you feel better soon! I'm coming down with a cold. My nose alternates between really runny and really stuffed up. Having more of the dizziness again. Sigh. I think it's really making the rounds right now!

    ReplyDelete