Wednesday 15 November 2023

Wednesday, 15-11-23

Good morning, everyone.

Here's the link to the warm hat.  I'm really pleased with it; it is furry inside, not heavy, secure on my head and so, so cosy.  And the hearing aids don't protest.  Yay!!
And after your helpful comments on Yaktraks, I went and ordered some.  They look 'safer' somehow, than the spiky ones (which also arrived yesterday).  I'll compare and return the ones I don't want.

Oh, it was a horrible, wet day yesterday around here.  I felt so sorry for the men but they are able to work inside the room a lot more now which makes it a bit better.  It is coming along; yesterday I made decisions about position of sockets, etc.   I'm looking forward to them fitting the bifolds - it will look much more 'proper' then.

The water butt isn't in place yet but the down-pipe is there at the top and the rain was gushing through it.  Good oh!

And looky look - I have a side door!  That's into the shed section!  It looks great.


The difficulty with taking photos at this time of year is that by the time they've finished, it's getting dark.  I've lightened this one and you get the idea, I am sure.  Must ask Seth about hanging baskets - I mean whether it's OK to drill into the cladding, etc.  Two hanging baskets and one of those arched garden mirror thingies might look rather nice on the right.

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing day.  My tum went on me as part of whatever-it-was-but-most-likely- migraine-ish thingy but all is well again now, thankfully.  Thank you for your concern, you lovely people.

Today, the only thing in the diary is personal training later on and I'm going to give downstairs a clean and tidy as Val is over for lunch tomorrow.  I'll probably prepare the lunch as I rather fancy making cheeseburger pasta and some of that can be prepped in advance.
And I wonder if the bifold doors will be fitted today.  

Have a lovely day, everyone, whatever the weather or temperature!  xx


13 comments:

  1. Oh that garden room is looking really lovely, Joy - hanging baskets and an arched mirror will look just perfect, what a good idea. Glad to hear you're feeling so much better now - I used to get migraines a lot but thankfully haven't had one for years. It was horribly dark and wet (and windy) here too yesterday, annoyingly as we were viewing the bungalow. Have a nice homey day, and enjoy your lunch with Val tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a lot of fun sorting out the inside and outside decor - it's looking good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Sue. Yes, I'm looking forward to it all. The lads have all been lovely but I am also looking forward to having my garden back to myself again. And I'm sure my neighbours are too. xx

      Delete
  3. That garden room looks fantastic. You made a great choice when choosing it. Tried three times to comment yesterday but gave up in the end. Hopefully this will post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just ordered myself a hat. I chose a beige one. Thanks for the link

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Cherie. I've got used to the size of it now and am quite excited for i to be finished.
      I dithered over the hat colour for ages before going for the black - it's got little sparkly bits in it so not at all sombre. The beige one looked nice too. xx

      Delete
  4. The garden room is really coming along now and looking so good. I'm sure the lads are glad to be working indoors now. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be so lovely when it's done. It's exciting now. The sun is shining today but it does feel quite cold so under cover must help. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, loads of progress on the garden room. Glad you are feeling better.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, things are certainly coming together on the garden room. I am happy to read that you are feeling better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Yes, everything seems to be moving very fast now. xx

      Delete