Tuesday 7 November 2023

Tuesday, 07-11-23

Morning, everyone!  It's way too early to see what the weather is like but it's supposed to be OK with maybe just a little bit of rain later.  Yesterday was lovely and sunny but I couldn;t line dry my washing because, at the moment, there's no hole in the ground for my rotary line.  Shame.

It was a pretty gentle day yesterday.  I got a message from Maxine to say the lads wouldn't be coming because of something 'their end' (no idea what) but they will be with me today.  Hope so!   I need a photo for tomorrow's blog!

Circuits was great - really good, as always.  Lindsey is also having some work done, replacing her drive, so we didn't work outside.  A shame because it was so lovely but not to worry.

I got the rest of the washing done plus the ironing so the baskets are empty.  That won't last long, of course, but it is always a nice feeling.
When I opened the little wardrobe door to hang up my new cardigan, it was full of other cardigans so I had a sort out of them.  Some have gone into the summer cupboard, some will be donated as I haven't work them for ages and I have no idea what possessed me to buy one - it's a horrible colour and I don't believe I have ever worn it.

I fixed Christmas Tree Day with Beth and Alex.  It's going to be a week earlier than usual, partly because of time restraints and partly because I want to get my time's worth of my tree and I won't be around for the Twelve Days.
Christmas Tree Day is the day when Beth and Alex come round and we put up the Christmas Tree, have a buffet and a few drinks and watch a Christmas film or two.  It started when Alex was a very little boy and has just continued since.  While I was still working, it was on the weekend before Christmas, when I retired it changed to the first weekend in December but this year it's a week earlier as explained above.

And that was about it yesterday, apart from the daily houseworky stuff.

Today starts with Groove, then it's home for breakfast and then I might go into town on a thermals hunt.  I might even take the bus for a change.  I do know how to live an exciting life, don't I?  😏

Happy Tuesday to you - have a great day.  xx

13 comments:

  1. A trip to town, on the bus, looking for thermals - yep, an exciting day!! (I am grinning here). We're going out for my delayed birthday lunch, to a big garden centre, so I shall enjoy looking round all the clothes, books, foodie section and possibly the Christmas stuff too - I expect they'll have at least some of it out already! And if husband gets bored, he can go and sit in the car! Have a nice day, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The highlight of my week - hee hee.
      Your day sounds MUCH better - have a wonderful day. Our garden centres have had Christmas stock for weeks now so I think you will find plenty. xx

      Delete
  2. Your Christmas Tree tradition sounds delightful and something really to anticipate. Have a lovely day. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pleasant. Christmas starts with Christmas Tree Day in my house. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Funny that you should mention cardigans..as I was thinking this morning about mine…it’s the one cardigan that I possess and it is wonderful. I bought it about four years ago from White Stuff and it still looks as good as new! It was a superb buy and I wear it every evening when it gets chilly!
    I love the idea of ‘Christmas Tree Day’…a lovely idea to make it a special event! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White Stuff is great quality, isn't it? I love a cardi to slip on if needed. xx

      Delete
    2. (and any excuse for a couple of glasses of prosecco, of course) xx

      Delete
  4. Your Christmas Tree Day tradition is lovely, Joy. I am going to hold out until 1st December and then D and I can enjoy decorating our tree together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! I would hold out too but this year I have less time to enjoy it so . . . starting earlier. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tradition. I try and get our tree up as soon after Remembrance Day as I can, but usually it is up by the first week in December.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely how these little, family things can become so important. I'm missing a number of Festive Occasions this year - Mum's Christmas Cake day, Stir Up Sunday, Twelve Days of Christmas . . . but I'm still having a Christmas tree up. And Advent is starting a bit earlier! xx

      Delete
  6. Christmas Tree Day sounds like a lot of fun. Not sure when we'll put ours up. It's usually pretty late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine used to be but it has crept earlier and earlier. I love the colour and sparkle! xx

      Delete