Wednesday 8 November 2023

Some very sad news.

I've just come off the phone from Christine - some of you will have seen her comment this morning letting me know that she would be phoning - and, as this is about a regular commenter whose name you will recognise, I have some very sad news to share with you all.

My lovely friend, Suze, passed away suddenly and very unexpectedly in late October.  The post mortem was inconclusive and investigations are ongoing.

Suze was a new friend.  She started commenting on here and we both went to one of Sharon Blackman's folk art workshops after I posted info about it in here.  We got on so very well and remained in touch, meeting up a few times.  We had planned a craft day at mine this month and to go to Sharon's Christmas workshop.

Suze had her life ahead of her.  She was, like me, a retired teacher and had just sorted out all her old teaching stuff and moved into retired life with the utmost anticipation.  She was so creative and her machine patchwork and hand needlework was just stunning.
I had a new friend for life but would never have thought it would be so short.

Christine, it must have been so hard to phone and let me know and I really appreciate that you did so with such kindness and courage.  Thank you.

My love to you, to Suze's husband and to everyone grieving for a lovely life cut short.  I didn't know her for long but I will miss her so much.

RIP Suzi.   

15 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear such sad news xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the sad news xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 💔 Christine 💔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sad news. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joy, I'm so sorry to read this, what a shock for you - and for her husband and family, of course. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to hear this news. I follow several blogs but I don't think I followed hers but I remember your post about meeting up with her. Sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read this - horrible shock for you and her family

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for the loss of your new friend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to read this Joy. So sad and a shock for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you've lost your good new friend. What a dreadful shock for everyone who knew her. Poor Christine, having to relive it each time she passes on the news. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, what a shock for all her friends and family. So sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear of the sudden loss of a special new friend, both for you and Christine. Sending my love and condolences x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heartbreaking for all concerned. I'm so sorry xxxxx
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete