Tuesday 21 November 2023

Tuesday, 21-11-23

Good morning to one and all and welcome to Tuesday!  Yesterday was a dull, dry day and the next few days look like being quite pleasant really.  Not warm but not cold either.  That's fine by me.

I took a close up of the wee angel just because I do think she is very sweet (look at that face) and I love how the star lights up.  She was intended for the garden room but I think I want here in here really.

She'll probably come with me to Slimming World and before you think 'What???', as the weigh in person, I have a little tradition and that is that for the four meetings I go to before Christmas, I take something festive and cumulative to put in my 'area' - in other words, first week the angel (for example), second week the angel and a Christmas mouse (knitted), the third week the angel, the mouse and . . . you get the idea.
It's also when I break out the Christmas jumpers and earrings.

Now, as I will be missing the last meeting before Christmas - I'll be in a different party by then - my four weeks starts this Friday.

OK, bonkers, but not as bonkers as it first seems.

I was so pleased yesterday at Matalan to find my second really lightweight suitcase, not that expensive (compared with others I have looked at) and not a bad match for the one I already have - a slightly different size and style but same coating pattern.  Not that it matters, it's just an added niceness.
I also got some new knickers (sorry, but I did) and looked around at the clothes, etc.  I was looking for gifts for when we have our Girls' Chat online (J is still isolating, L is recovering from a hip op and it will be too cold to meet outside) but I think I have decided to go for home made again - fudge and shortbread, maybe?  Perhaps a mug to put the biscuits in?  I'll think about that.
I popped into HomeSense for a good nosey round while I was there as it is constantly changing, but didn't get anything, I just went for the pleasure of looking at all the sparkly stuff.  
Finally, I visited the Food Warehouse (aka Iceland) and bought some mini vegetarian spring rolls because Beth absolutely loves them so I want some for Saturday.

Seth's crew didn't come and, when I thought about it, I realised that they wouldn't as the plaster needs time to dry.  I don't know about today but it doesn't matter either way really.  If they come, they come.  I have biscuits!!

Today starts with Groove and Chris and I have decided to walk down whenever the weather permits.  It's a ten to fifteen minute walk, so not too far, and saves on the petrol as well as getting more steps in.
After that there's nothing in the diary so it's about time I get that sorting out done, isn't it?   More than time.
I have washing, ironing, etc too so there's plenty to keep me occupied.

Have a lovely day, everyone, and stay safe and well.  xx

13 comments:

  1. Just love that angel, what a great idea. You are getting very organized for trips away, I haven't been to Matalan for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be really, Chris. I've never cruised so there were things I needed to get, especially for this one, and I hate a last minute panic. I really want to enjoy my December.
      Also, it spreads the cost around a bit more.
      I got the angel from B&M.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'd forgotten matalan existed but know of one fairly close to where we live. I'm tempted to nip over for a browse. I've never been on a cruise so it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like Matalan. It's not especially cheap nowadays but neither is it costly. I would say worth a look. xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to Matalan for donkey's years, but used to enjoy looking. I like your take on Advent and especially like your bright angel. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cam go for months without visiting but it's great for things like undies, socks, etc.
      And light suitcases!!! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have a collection of Christmas earrings and T-shirts that I wear for work (in a primary school) and always start around the 1st of December, enough for a different item each day that I work.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, working in primary is an open door to Christmassy stuff, isn't it? I LOVED December at school with my class. It was just such fun. Just about every piece of work can be given a festive vibe, one way or another. Almost, I am jealous - but not quite. < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  5. That is a very cute angel. I'm 'full' of a cold so feeling a bit sorry for myself as I haven't had one for several years and had forgotten how low they can make you feel!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Alison, how miserable for you. Colds can be the pits. Take the meds and I hope things look up again soon. ((( hugs )))
      xx

      Delete
  6. That angel is so very sweet.

    I am glad you finally found a piece of luggage that is perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I was very pleased - another thing ticked off that list now. xx

      Delete