Friday 3 November 2023

Friday, 03-11-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Thankfully, Storm Ciaran turned out to be a bit of a damp squib - well, an extremely damp one but the wind was little more than gusty at worst.  A great relief all round although I did feel very sorry for the lads working their socks off in the garden.  


Very sensibly, they constructed a sort of makeshift 'tent' to work under but I doubt it was much of a shelter really.




Apart from that rain, yesterday went really well.  SET online was fun and, at risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, it's so nice to be doing classes again after the half term break.

Then Chris dodged the raindrops to come over for a good old chat and giggle over coffee.



In the afternoon, my snow boots from Cotton Traders arrived.  They're lovely - sturdy, warm and waterproof (it says), furry lined, comfortable, brilliant soles for minimal slip and enough room for a bit of sockage inside.
I'm so pleased.
Now to look at crampons - at least they're not too expensive!



And here's the current state of play with the garden room.

  Definitely getting there but poor lads, they looked like drowned rats by the end of the afternoon. 

Fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow, bless them.

On to today.

First of all, as always, it is Slimming World group and today is a taster session.  I've made some carrot and lentil soup after dithering over several different options.

I've arranged for the lovely cleaners to have finished by twelve because I have a friend, Andrea, coming for lunch, something I am really looking forward to.  I'm also looking forward to cheese and bacon toasties!

And in between everything, I will be feeding and watering the lads of course.  I've had to get more coffee and yet another carton of milk.  😁

Later on, I'll be getting myself ready for a good old trip out tomorrow - yes, another coach trip but with Lodge's this time rather than the Broomfield group.  That means we spend the first hour taking a scenic route around town picking people up but not to worry, once in the coach it's warm and as cosy as a coach can be and  I always take my Kindle with me.
We're off to the NEC and an event called 'Simply Christmas'.

Here's the main page
https://www.thenec.co.uk/whats-on/simply-christmas/

This link should take you to the floor plan
https://www.creativecraftshow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2.Simply-Christmas-A1-18102023-v1-print.pdf

I'm feeling quite excited about this one - it's my sort of thing and I may need to use my debit card from time to time.    I have a little list of Christmas gifts to buy and I am sure I will also be spoiling myself.

This being so, I probably won't be posting tomorrow but I will be back on Sunday.

Really hoping everyone is safe and sound after yesterday, regarding both wind and rain.  Have a really good couple of days.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Have fun at the NEC - it sounds good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be really good. It's a biggie so should be very interesting. Thanks. xx

      Delete
  2. You have a long day ahead of you. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I look forward to reading all about it. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure I will, on Sunday. I think it's going to be very enjoyable indeed. xx

      Delete
  3. That sounds like my kind of day out. I'd come home with a lorry load and an empty bank account. Have fun. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > - well - maybe . . . ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you weathered Storm Ciaran. I love your new snow boots, your feet will be comfy and warm this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice, aren't they - definitely a good choice.
      Thanks, it was a relief that it wasn't as bad as they predicted although I am sorry that some areas suffered a lot of damage. Not too many injuries though, which is good. xx

      Delete
  5. Those snow boots are awesome. Love the colours!!! Your trip sounds right up my alley as well. Craft shows are wonderful and my debit card would be out a few times as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours too. I'm glad you think them good - you are used to very snowy and ice weather.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your visit to the NEC-it’s lots of shows in one, not just Christmas. We went to the Glasgow one two weeks ago and it was pathetic-out in two hours including coffee stop. The NEC one is the biggest and all the big names in crafting go there-you will have a super day and hope you enjoy all the craft activities too🤞🏻Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coach trip sounds like fun, hope you have a great time x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to be going out and not have to drive, especially in the pouring rain. xx

      Delete