Thursday 9 November 2023

Thursday, 09-11-23

Good morning, everyone
Thanks you or your such kind comments on my additional post yesterday - I hope Christine sees them too.   Words are hardly ever enough, are they?  Suze was such a lively, vibrant, kind and sociable lady with a real zest for life;  it is hard to imagine that all energy and spirit gone.  Thank you again.  I won't reply there so I hope everyone sees this.

It seems quite pleasant this morning.  The sun is trying to break through and the clouds are high.  Hope it stays that way.
I had a wakeful time overnight, the first since starting that night time berry infusion but I finally get back to sleep and slept until about half past seven, unheard of for me.

The lads turned up yesterday and got soaked.  I don't have any photos, partly because I left for personal training before they had finished and it was dark when I got home and partly because it wouldn't show much because they were working at the back..

I went into town again - when I put in my hearing aids, one felt a bit odd and when I looked the silicone bit that fits in the ear had torn.  I looked on the Specsavers web site but there was no way of making an appointment for a repair, only for a hearing test, so - any excuse.  Unfortunately, the audio-wotsit chap wan't in yesterday but should be contacting me to arrange a date.

I thought that while I was there, I may as well have another wander round so I headed off to John Lewis, taking in White Company and other nice shops.
Yes, I bought a few things.

I'm not sure I have ever looked in New Look before but I wish I had.  They had some really good, classic sort of stuff as well and more casual things, several of which I would happily give wardrobe space to (but haven't - yet).  

This photo is beading/decoration on a T shirt.  They had several different designs and they were all nice but, as I am very much going for the black and silver look, I got this one which looks gold coloured in this photo but is actually silver so works with my cruise colour scheme.
I LOVE these.  They will be perfect with my fake leather leggings and a sparkly top and they are comfortable too.

Our big Debenhams-that-was has been bought by The Range and it's supposed to be opening on December 1st 
It didn't look anywhere near being ready to open but I suppose there's about four weeks to go and a lot can change in four weeks.

As I walked through the market back to the bus, the yarn stall was open and, oh, I was so tempted.  You'll be glad to know I did NOT fall.
However, not I have started using the bus again, I might make the trip into town on a Friday when the fruit and veg stall is there and try it for my veg shopping.  The only extra thing it will take is time and I'm not usually short of that nowadays.  Do they take cards nowadays, I wonder, or is it still cash?  Hmmmmm

It was a bit of a rush later on as I had personal training followed by a quick freshen up and change before governors' meeting.  By the time that was over, I was zonked!

Today is pretty empty.  I will be doing SET online and then the day's my own.  I might pop out or I might stay at home and do some clearing and sorting out.  I'll see how I feel.

Have a good day, everyone.  xx


12 comments:

  1. Window shopping is too tempting! I like the sparkly top and the boots are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very naughty but, oh my, it has been fun. xx

      Delete
  2. I do like your new boots, they are fab.
    If the new Range store opens before Christmas there will be even more browsing temptation for you to enjoy.
    Have a good rest of your day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - and now I'm using the bus again, there will be no problems with finding parking slots. Oh, deary me! :-)
      cc

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your cheerful, newsy post. So sorry about Suze and also feeling sad that Sue from a smaller life is making her break from blogging permanent. Life is often about change isn't it but adjusting to those changes can be a challenge - I must add though that I totally understand Sue's decision.........but I'll really miss her posts x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry about that tooi - I loved her blog, her challenges and just reading about her daily life but there's a season for everything, isn't there? I will very much miss her too. xx

      Delete
  4. Love the sparkly top and may just have a look in our local shop to see if it has my name on it🤣Hard up Hester is also having a break. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - it should do between Christmas and New Year too, it's not overly just before Christmas. xx

      Delete
  5. All first buses for us in Essex are cash or card and currently maximum £2 per journey each way which has been extended again until December which is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on the side of the buses but didn't know it's been extended - yes, that's really good. Hopefully, it will get more people back to using the bus again. xx

      Delete
  6. What lovely beading on that shirt!! I like your sense of style.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jackie. It's one I will definitely wear although I will have to think about washing - hopefully just making sure it is inside out will work OK. xx

      Delete