Monday 27 November 2023

Monday, 27-11-13

Good morning, everyone.  Well, the fine spell seems to have thoroughly broken overnight.  It's warmer this morning and it's also pouring with rain, a situation BBC seems to think will continue all day.

I guess that puts the clappers on getting the walls finished off today but there's plenty of other stuff to do, inside the room rather than out in the garden.  So maybe finish the painting, put in the flooring and skirting, etc, get lights and sockets in and working, get the radiator on the wall and get the storage in, move the freezer back out . . . no, they won't do all that today, of course, but maybe by the end of Wednesday?  I can hope.

I forgot to mention yesterday, on Saturday the new newsletter from the Broomfield Coach group landed and I've booked up for a couple more day trips next year.  The first is to Battersea Power Station (including the lift) in the morning and a tour of the Royal Albert Hall and a buffet tea there in the afternoon.
The other is to Buckingham Palace.  I had a trip booked with another group a few years ago - lockdown happened and it was cancelled.  
I'm very much looking forward to both, having had them at the back of my mind for a while now.
There was also a trip to Bath but that's a bit further and more of a self-organised time when we're there.  Maybe for the future . . .

I also forgot to mention that when I checked my bank account, my winter payment had landed.  Excellent!  

Yesterday was a bit of a chill out kind of day.  I finished off a bit of ironing and tackled one of the mess corners, the one in yesterday's photo.  I now have that little Christmas tree decorated in silver and white and ready to go out and I've sort of sorted out a couple of the boxes, digging out the Christmas cards and gift tags and wrapping the few gifts I already have and putting them under the big tree.

Today, apart from small group circuits, I'm not sure what's on the list although the washing basket looks a bit full and I do need to change the bedding at some point.  Given that I'm drying my clothes inside at the moment (because of the dust), it matters not one little bit that it is pouring with rain.
I would also like to dig out a few recipes for things to give as Christmas gifts.

So not a particularly busy day but I'm sure I will find enough to fill the time available.
Stay dry, everyone, if you have rain, and take care.  xx

10 comments:

  1. No rain here yet, though it's promised. Your new trips sound good. A friend went to Battersea Power Station recently and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up online and it does look good. The lift experience is an extra that I am definitely going for. xx

      Delete
  2. Great news about all your trips! I am slightly discombobulated today after my Moderna booster on Saturday evening-sore arm and banging head but hopefully it will ease off during the day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you are feeling loads better by now. xx

      Delete
  3. Those trips will be great fun.
    I've been away visiting family over the weekend and was fortunate to see Oxford in the sunshine - days either side have been wet and dull.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Oxford but I gather it is a beautiful place and sunshine would make it more so. xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Joy.
    Your Christmas Tree Day post was just what I needed to kick start my own festivity plans. It looks like you had a great time with family.
    Ooh some lovely trips planned for next year. Lots to look forward to for you.
    Hope the guys have been able to get on with a bit more of your garden room today. It won't be too long now before it's finished. Have a good day tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a lovely day and it's nice to see the colour and sparkle again, especially as outside is so dull and dreary. All is going well, thanks. xx

      Delete
  5. How wonderful that you get to book two more lovely day trips. It has been very overcast here the past couple of days. We got a bit of snow, but not even enough to cover the ground.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - they just keep coming and coming. Very enjoyable.
      Hoping the snow, when it comes, won't be too bad. xx

      Delete