Monday 6 November 2023

Monday, 06-11-23

Morning, everyone.  AFter a really lovely autumnal day yesterday (such a change from wind and rain), today looks to be the same.  Not that warm but very pleasant and the sky looks clear.  Fingers crossed.

I took a few photos yesterday.  
This is the scarf; it is so lovely and soft and I can see I will need to wash it very carefully to keep that softness - liquid soap and maybe hand wash if I don't have other knits to wash at the same time.

And this is the cardigan.  The fringing at the front makes it look as if it is also a scarf but it isn't, that's just the way the ribbed band is finished off.  No buttons, it's just one of those open cardigans.

I think it will look really good over leggings or jeggings and a plain top - black or navy, for choice and I have both.

And ditto re the washing.



I was thinking about chairs for the garden room.  I don't want to make any quick decisions and now isn't really the time for a good choice in the shops anyway but I do have two chairs like this that I bought from a colleague who was downsizing and getting rid of surplus stuff ages ago.  When I had the suite re-covered, I had the upholsterer make a couple of pads for them.  I have one chair upstairs and one down but they're not essential so, for now, they could go into the garden room.  They're not snuggly chairs so they won't do longer term but, just for now, why not?
The cushions are from Mum and Dad's the one on the left was bought from somewhere but the other two Mum made over the years and there was no way I was letting them go so I brought them home.  
I think a touch of wood and some toning colours will look nice in the garden room.  What do you think?

I popped to Morrisons yesterday and as well as getting supplies for the lads I bought a box of the Night Time Berry infusion bags as recommended by Cherie last week.  She said they have really helped her to get more unbroken nights' sleep and I thought it definitely worth a try.  Well, early results are encouraging.  I woke once in the night, for the loo, but went straight back to sleep and it was good.  I know one good sleep doth not a long term habit make but all the same - encouraging.  And it's a pleasant enough drink anyway!
Fingers crossed, Cherie, and thank you.

Despite it being such a nice day yesterday, I wasn't able to dry my washing outside as I have no hole for my washing line.  So I got out my Dry:Soon rack, which is a heated drying rack with a cover, and dried the washing that way.  I bought this from the same friend I bought the chairs from and it's a jolly useful bit of kit when I have more washing than will fit on my little rack.  And once I have my extra cupboard space, I think I will be able to put it away in the big cupboard space in the kitchen.

Note to self - remember to ask if they could drill the new hole soon . . .

This week there's very little in the diary apart from the fitness classes; even Chris is away Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm happy to have the extra space and the only other thing in the diary is the postponed governor's meeting, now this Wednesday evening.  

A call out to Sooze - it is her birthday today so Happy Birthday to you, have a lovely day and thank you for all your input into my blogs - very much appreciated!


So, today, I have circuits and lots of tea/coffee making.  Plus housework!  And washing and ironing!  😇
Have a good day, everyone.  xx



18 comments:

  1. Thus is my Pilates class at 4pm today and my back is really needing it this week after too much standing. Lovely cardigan and scarf and they are definitely my kind of colours. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Pilates class helps loads. Sore backs are not at all nice. xx

      Delete
  2. I can see why you fell for the cardigan and scarf - lovely colours. I like the chair, too. I cam across what was to me an odd name - a stand chair. As far as I could work out it was what I would call a dining chair. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of a stand chair. Google says:
      "A standing chair is a tall support for the body—a modified chair or stool—designed for standing work or to reduce fatigue."
      I wonder if it is the same thing. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely scarf and cardigan. For gentle hand washing you can always use a little shampoo and conditioner, after all, wool is hair. Very useful on holiday too, no need to pack laundry stuff. It rinses very quickly too. I think the cushions will be perfect for the garden room. Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it is, that had never occurred to me before. What a useful tip. Thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely scarf and cardi. Good that the night time tea is helping, we're trying that at the moment too. Sunny here, hurrah!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is helping you - broken nights are a nuisance, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely scarf and sweater, even in the pictures I can see the softness. All those cushions are just lovely, especially the ones made by your mother.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love them. It's so nice to have them to remember. xx

      Delete
  6. The scarf and sweater are both lovely, Joy! The soft pink of the sweater can really act as a neutral and could go with just about any color and would look just perfect. Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very much my colour, that dusty pastel vibe. I just love it. I agree, it would team well with lots of things. I'm so glad I bought it. xx

      Delete
  7. The cardigan and scarf are lovely. I do like pink, but for some reason I don't own any pink clothing. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many different pink shades, aren't there? What colours do you go for? xx

      Delete
  8. Bless you Joy, thank you. The scarf is lovely, I have an almost identical one but in shades of blue. How lovely to have your Mum's cushions. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure - I hope you are having a lovely day. Blue sounds beautiful too - I wear a lot of blue one way and another. x

      Delete
  9. I love the cardigan and scarf. The colours are beautiful and they look like they'd be really soft. I'm glad you're able to use the cushions. It's really tough to get rid of things made by Mum. Between my sister and me I think we've kept almost all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. We shared a lot of stuff out among the six of us (me, my brothers, my two and Alex) and I took a lot of her clothes. The rest went to the charity the care company supported. They were very good to Mum so we were glad to do that. Ditto for Dad's clothes. I hope they blessed a lot of people. xx

      Delete