Thursday 30 November 2023

Thursday, 30-11-23

Morning, everyone, and a very cold one it is too.  The heating was on when I meandered down to the loo in the middle of the night (I have the thermostat set pretty low for overnight) which says it all really.
However, the forecast for next week looks significantly milder than it did yesterday so they must anticipate this being a short snap rather than a longer spell of icy weather.  Fine by me!

Well, the cupboards are in, the doors are on, they are in the middle of putting on the gizmos that will mean no need for handles (yay), putting the shelves in and finishing off around the cupboards, adding and painting the skirting boards, etc. 
The radiator is keeping it nicely warm.  I turned it down overnight and it was cold when I looked in this morning to turn it back up again but the room didn't feel cold.  Good insulation!

 In the shed section, it looks almost ready to put back the freezer.  There's a sort of sub fuse box on the wall so I can shut off power to the room(s) if needed without fussing around with the inside fuse box, the skirting board is in and painted and it looks pretty finished - although what do I know?

Now that there's power in the shed, they don't need to run a cable from my inside socket and, as I could keep the door shut, inside was significantly warmer yesterday - thank goodness.
I couldn't get much of a photo of the shed part without moving some equipment around so I took another of the room section from just outside.  I LOVE that storage, it is just what I wanted it to be and, if I were to redo my kitchen (which I am not, not yet), I would go for something similar.

Having it finished by tomorrow is looking increasingly a possibility although tidying up the garden might take a while - they say they will leave it as they found it - with the obvious differences, of course!

I've just remembered - they also need to fit the water butt; I don't think that will take so long though.

Finishing the walled beds is a different matter.  It's too cold at the moment so they will just have to wait.

It was a day for 'workmen' yesterday.  Jeff came round as planned and, while he couldn't do anything in the back garden, he sorted out my front which is now looking civilised apart from the grass needing a bit of a trim.  We will arrange a date for the back next week - he's giving me a couple of sessions as payback for some garden equipment I gave him.  That arrangement suited us both.

Later on the window cleaner turned up.  He comes when he comes and if I'm not in, he leaves a card and I pay online.  They will get all dusty again, of course, when the bricklayer resumes work, but it was nice to be able to see through them a bit more clearly.

I'm feeling loads better now, thankfully.  I would have been very sorry if I didn't feel OK today as it is Suze's funeral with the opportunity to say 'goodbye'.  Please spare a thought today for those who must be missing her so much - her husband, her family and her close friends.  It was just too soon . . .

Stay warm, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. So exciting that your garden room is nearing completion. I'm glad you're feeing better and I hope today's funeral goes as well as these things ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about that family , hope all goes smoothly.
    The garden room is looking great x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking it now I have got used to it. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you get the promised milder weather. We got up to 7C today and the little bit of snow we had melted. I pottered in the garden for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. I'm glad your snow didn't amount to much. xx

      Delete
  4. It really is all coming along. I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really exciting now. So close. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. I hope Sooze reads your blog. Please wish her well. You two have the greatest blogs. I cannot comment on hers anymore. We are trying to get well here. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Brenda. Blogger can be a right pain at times. Take care and may things go well for you. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better, Joy. Xx

    ReplyDelete