Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Wednesday, 02-09-26

Morning!  How are you all today?  It's definitely much cooler morning and evening now, I'm finding, and the days are getting noticeably shorter.  On cloudy evenings I have my curtains drawn by around half past six and I'm starting to feel that cosy, snuggly vibe that autumn and winter bring to an evening. 

Yesterday was good.

It was nice strolling around M&S and then Aldi which is in the same precinct.  I didn't get much, just a few stock up items really.  M&S now do pulses in jars for a very reasonable price and the jars are a very useful size too.  I don't anticipate needing to get much more this month apart from fresh stuff as I'm very well stocked.  It's a comforting feeling while everything goes up so much.
Again, not much festive stuff yet apart from things I'm not going to get - Christmas puddings, etc, and, of course, those inevitable tins of choccies, biscuits and things which have festive decor but which go out of date well before Christmas.  Crazy!

Today is a get everything tidied, sorted and cleaned day until the afternoon when I have a rescheduled audiology appt in town.  I'm allocating stuff now - tomorrow I'm out and about, Friday is washing day, Saturday is packing day and Sunday is woo hoo!!

This seems to be a good time to say that I most likely won't be taking my laptop with me to Spain - just because of the weight - all our luggage is cabin luggage.  That means no blogs next week, so sorry.  

Right, well, sitting here will never do.  I have piles of stuff to sort out.  Better get cracking.  Have a lovely day and, if you're busy, don't forget to have some 'me' time.  xx


No comments:

Post a Comment