Thursday, 1 October 2026

Thursday, 01-10-26

Morning.  October is here - happy new month to everyone (that sounds nicer than pinch and punch!!).

Apologies for yesterday.  Wasn't feeling 100%, slept very badly over Tuesday night, just didn't have the motivation.

Yesterday was a bit busy.
In the morning, I took the bus into town for my audiology appointment.  I have been less than happy with the quality of sound offered by my new (and expensive) hearing aids but this is what these follow up appointments are for.  The settings don't always work first time, you have to live with them and then tweak as needed.  The nearest I can get is that the incoming sound was like a badly tuned radio.
Joseph (the audiologist, can't remember his last name) spend a considerable time retuning, tweaking settings, etc, before he started linking the new microphone which was the other reason I was there.  

I've mentioned before that my phone bluetooths direct to my aids and I have a gizmo that does the same with the TV and my laptop.  This mic does a similar thing, clipped on to a speaker's clothing, very useful for guided tours, meetings, etc.
I'd really have liked the next model up which can sit in the middle of a group, pick up all speakers and bluetooth but it was more than three times the cost of the one I bought - and that wasn't cheap, believe me!  Maybe, if tomorrow brings the news that my premium bonds have given me oodles of spare cash . . . 
(and pigs might fly!)

All of this took pretty much all morning so when I got home I had lunch and then had a good sleep.  I needed the sleep because it was the governors' meeting in the evening.
It was a really good and positive meeting and the mic worked an absolute dream.  I was so pleased.  Now to see if it helps in Slimming World group tomorrow.

I sent off my gas readings as always via my account and was greeted by the message that I was paying too much - well, that's not news and by the end of the winter they won't be saying that, will they?  That's surely the whole point of paying a set amount monthly!!  To be fair, because my boiler now only heats water at point of need, I'm definitely using less but that's counterbalanced by price rises.

Today is easier.  First of all, no personal training as Lindsey is away.  Val was coming over for lunch but we have rescheduled as she needs to be elsewhere.  So it is just the coffee and chat with Chris and then I can chill.  I need to - I just feel quite worn out at the moment, no idea why, I just do.  I need to potter, sort out clutter, get my environment looking nice.  That will help a lot.

It feels really humid this morning round here.  I'm going to have an early bath and then start the day.  I hope your day is just what you want it to be.  All the best.  xx




No comments:

Post a Comment