Thursday 29 February 2024

Thursday, 29-02-24

And who did you propose to today?
Evening, everyone.  It's been a pretty rotten day, weather wise - rain, rain and more rain.  I was so glad I didn't have to go out.

The SET class online was, as always, good fun .  There's just enough time between SET and Chris coming over (or me going to hers) to freshen up a bit and change out of exercise wear so that works really well.  
As always, we had a great old natter and laugh over coffee.

Apart from that, the only thing of note was a delivery.  The USB charger for my Kindle Fire was on the blink so I very carefully chose a replacement online yesterday, crossing fingers that I had the correct one, and it arrived this afternoon.  Yes, it was the right one - phew.
I do wish they had standardised thingies that you push in (what're they called? heads?) rather than several different shapes.  I'm sure there's a good reason for the differences but it's confusing for techno-twits like me!

Tomorrow is a bit busier.  It starts with Slimming World, as always, and when that's over, I'm going to drive to the Clock Tower precinct to do the first shop of the new month.  Then it's home to clean, tidy, set the table, get out the wheelchair ramp for the front door and generally make sure I am ready for our Girls' Get Together in the evening.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Hoping your day has gone well, whatever the weather.  Have you had this rain too, or have you escaped?
Take ca\re, sleep well and sweet dreams, everyone.  xx

20 comments:

  1. It has been cold and bright here today with a biting wind. We went to friends for coffee this morning and to deliver a clothes prop (stretcher here in Scotland) that a friend had asked Norrie to make. He found a fencing strip and notched the top and pointed the bottom and it was made for zero cost. Enjoy your visitors tomorrow. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very clever. Mum used to have one of those when I was little, made by Dad. I used to love carrying it to her when I was 'helping' peg out the clothes. xx

      Delete
  2. I love your "techno-twit" comment - so descriptive! Count me in as another of that ilk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems as soon as I have mastered one thing, half a dozen other developments, new thing, take its place. Most stuff I just can't understand - I just click and hope!
      It's why Windows was such a success - point and click - and hope. xx :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you managed to work out the Kindle wire. Luckily, my phone and Kindle both take the same so I just use the one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased.
      My phone is the same too but I like to have several. One upstairs, one down and one in my tech-bag.
      The one I got is long so I can charge up my Kindle while reading it in bed. The other one was a fraction too short for that. And now I have it on record so, if necessary, I can just reorder. xx

      Delete
  4. I feel very technologically challenged so that is why in most cases I wait for our youngest son to come home and fix things.
    I am glad you got the right charging cord for your Kindle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, thanks, Jackie. You are lucky to have your son to sort things out. xx

      Delete
  5. It is so annoying when all the chargers are different, but such a relief when everything is fully charged again. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - and this new one is nice and quick. I think the other had been slowly failing for a while.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I had to look up a clothes prop, never seen one used.

    Lack of standardisation has been bugging me for years, unfortunately standardisation does not create sales and make money, and jobs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite old fashioned but, if you have a line between two posts or hooks, great for lifting the washing higher. You don't need one if you have a rotary line.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Standardisation of techie wires would be very useful indeed but I guess that as usual it's about money making for the big companies!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Often one dies the economic death - like VHS and Betamax, but not always. And then it just confuses us! xx

      Delete
  8. I didn't propose to anyone, I don't want to get charged with bigamy. ;-)

    We did go to the cinema last night though to see Wicked Little Letters, a brilliant film. Now I just have to spend today trying not to swear like a trooper. It was really funny though as we walked out of the cinema, everyone was repeating lines from the film and having a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle >
      I've heard good things elsewhere about that film. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I had totally forgotten women can propose to men on February 29th. Stayed in all day as we had snow and it was cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traditionally, anyway!! :-)
      It feels cold here but the thermometer says it isn't really cold. xx

      Delete
  10. I love your phrase ' techno- twit ' - that's me as well. I do need my lovely hubby and D to help me with lots of those gadgetry things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so frustrating. Designed by men, I expect (apologies to any men reading). xx

      Delete