Tuesday 9 April 2024

Tuesday evening, 09-04-24

Evening, everyone!
Well, what a different from yesterday.  Yesterday was sunny, still and warm; today has been rainy, windy and chilly with a bit of sunshine now and again.

I decided that I would take a drive over to Lathcoats.  They have frozen fruit and veg that you can scoop into bags and I really like their fruit and also the broad beans so over I went and had an enjoyable twenty minutes or so, looking round and scooping!  Now I am well stocked up with frozen fruit again.  And eggs - I was right out of eggs and that would never do!!

Once home and after breakfast, I warmed myself up by doing the upstairs housework and after lunch I did some more gardening.  Not an awful lot as it was very blustery by then so not all that pleasant, but I did some.  Better than nothing!

And I have turned the heating up to 20 for the evening.  See how quickly my resolutions can crumble when feeling cold!  😈

I've just checked the diary and it tells me that the lovely Sharon is coming round to do my hair.  I'd forgotten about that but three cheers - it really does need a bit of a tidy up.
Apart from that, I guess I need to tackle that cupboard I didn't do today and, weather permitting, some more gardening.  It is all starting to look a bit nicer now which is added motivation.

Has your day been good?  I do hope so.  Good night, sweet dreams and all the best for a good day tomorrow.  xx

9 comments:

  1. Today has been lovely. Nice and sunny, with temperatures reaching the high teens in Celsius. However next week is not looking quite as nice.
    We have our furnace set at 20 most of the winter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely.
      I've set the thermostat to 18 through the day and evening and 16 overnight and, generally, with the help[ of my shuggle hood/oodie, that's been enough. I think I just felt 'chilly' yesterday.
      You get it loads and loads colder than we do so 20 sounds pretty good. xx

      Delete
  2. We've had a really beautiful couple of days. One more day and then rain. I'm having a haircut tomorrow - finally! I haven't had one since before I went to daughter's. I can't see out of my fringe. I have to keep shoving it out of my eyes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness, long overdue and you'll feel so very good when it's all over.
      Unfortunately, Sharon has had to cancel - I'll explain why this evening - so we will have to reschedule. xx

      Delete
  3. Bright sunshine at the moment, but that could change. Yesterday was blowy and bright and drizzly by turns. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It's very April, isn't it, with all those sudden turn-arounds. We will see. xx

      Delete
  4. Ir hammered down here all day yesterday. Proper torrential rain. Lovely and warm at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we got really heavy stuff but maybe, when I wasn't looking . . . xx

      Delete
  5. We are still suffering from changeable weather but at least the days are longer now and it makes me appreciate the little bits of sunshine we have had so far. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Lathcoates.

    ReplyDelete