Sunday 7 April 2024

Sunday evening, 07-04-24

Evening, everyone.  The weekend is over now, pretty much, and I hope it was a good one for you.

My third 'word' for 2024 was Enjoyment. I don't think I need to elaborate on this very much, do I? I said 
then that I wanted . . .
to look for the many good things in my life, to live in the present and - well - to enjoy it!
. . . and I think I'm doing that without having to work too hard at it.

In the next couple of months I have two short holidays, lunches out with friends, all my exercise classes, my birthday, Alex's birthday (and being taken out for a joint meal celebration, probably) as well as all those small but very important pleasures that build into a big old happy life, despite the inevitable blips that everyone experiences occasionally.
This goal is going fine too.

It's been a blowy weekend round here.  Never anything too bad but it kept the bushes moving, and it was nice to have a bit of relief from rainy weather too.  I think I've already said that, because there's no fitness classes this coming week, I'd like to spend a good old time out in the garden to get it into better order.  It's not bad, just not good either.  That's my big plan for the coming week.  The other is to get things ready for Center Parcs although I pretty much know what I'm going to take with me really.

Today has been another gentle day.  I did just a little bit of weeding, not as much as I should have but that's OK.  I sorted out the kitchen a bit and generally just chilled.  It has been quite nice and sunny but pretty windy so it didn't feel as warm as it was, if that makes sense.  

Tomorrow, Chris is coming over for coffee.  She can't do this Thursday, I can't do the following Thursday and we're having lunch out the following Thursday so we decided to slot a chat in tomorrow morning.  There's no exercise/fitness classes this week as Lindsey is away so it works out fine.

How has your Sunday been?  I think we've been quite lucky with the weather here today, the whole weekend, in fact.  I hope you've had a lovely day anyway.
Wishing you a good night's sleep with pleasant dreams.  xx


14 comments:

  1. We’ve had a very blowy day today although the temperature has risen. Didn’t really do very much and now looking at blogs. Nice fresh bed tonight so might have a bath soon.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely warmer. I don't warm my bed up now, nor am I tempted to turn the heating up in the evenings. All good! xx

      Delete
  2. It's been very blustery here too but it is just raining now. You are doing so well with all three of your E words for the year. I enjoyed reading about your lates adventures in London. You definitely try to make the most of every day but also know when to take a rest. You are amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so kind. I think everyone is amazing when you get to know them - we all have our own unique qualities and traits. Thank you so much.
      It was a lovely day in London and we were so lucky with the weather The wind seems to have died down today, thankfully, but no rain - yet! xx

      Delete
  3. Our weather has taken a sudden lurch into Spring so I have been out in the garden most of the day. Brilliant blue skies but it is set to cloud over for tomorrow's eclipse. We are in the direct path!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are and isn't that just typical of the weather. Hopefully yopu will be able to enjoy the sight. xx

      Delete
  4. Today, for a change I can go out for a walk and not feel like I will/might be blown away!! Good for you in making the most of each and every day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to feel a bit less buffeted. Enjoy your walk! xx

      Delete
  5. There looks like lots of enjoyment to be had ahead too!
    Glad you had a good, relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to the rest of this month. Plenty of things happening. xx

      Delete
  6. Lots for you to look forward to this spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely loads. It's really lovely! xx

      Delete
  7. It's been far too blustery and wet recently. It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to .Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have good things in the offing, isn't it? xx

      Delete