Thursday 11 April 2024

Thursday evening, 12-04-24

Hello, everyone!  
After a really dull start, the clouds rolled away, the sun shone and it has really been quite a pleasant day.  
I caught the half past nine bus into town and had a nice time wandering around sundry shops.  The Range had the not-feather duster I was looking for; I wanted something that would safely dust some of my more fragile things such as my little cottages and what I found was perfect.
I also found a mini whisk (been looking for one of them for a while) and two small, glass bowls, not pyrex but OK for microwave and dishwasher and cheap!!
I also got what I needed in Lakeland and was sorely tempted by some air fryer recipe books but I resisted 😇😇

After lunch, I did a bit of garden work and then set myself to dealing with a couple of glass fronted cupboards.  They don't get very dusty because of the doors but goodness knows when they were last cleaned out.  It was rather emotional because when I came home from sorting Mum and Dad's stuff, I brought quite a lot of stuff with me - Poole Pottery ornaments, David WInter cottages - that sort of thing - and I just shoved it all in cupboards.
I gave it all a good clear out, got rid of some stuff that was damaged and put back what I was keeping much more neatly and better organised.

I also tackled some of the kitchen gadgets that I haven't used for ages.  A few things were old and battered so the ended up in the bin but others went into the garden room storage and I have made a note in my diary at the beginning of November to hand on anything I haven't used from now until then.  I'm so bad at decluttering but at least half way is better than no way at all.

The end result is that those particular cupboards are much neater, tidier and the bits that show look much more attractive (and dust free).

I've also started getting stuff ready for Monday.  The table will look cluttered but there's method in my mess, honest!

Tomorrow starts with Slimming World followed by more garden, more cupboard sorting and more getting ready for Monday.  Probably quite busy but pleasantly busy!  How do you get ready for a holiday?

Good night, everyone, sleep well and pleasant dreams.  xx

18 comments:

  1. I have traveled so much esp since my kids left home
    I was flying several times a year. I th k I have flown over 30-50 times. I spent months at different places studying Shakespeare with other teachers. My kids didn’t live close. I traveled with them. Lots of trips all over the country. I pack the day before. Have always done this. I travel less now. So need to get to Indy for family although my daughter flies down each month need to get to WV to best friends. NYC for grandgirl. Maybe this year and next. We have an airljj in ne that flies us to Indy and back and WV and back cheap. Enjoy your trips Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My word, you really have travelled, haven't you. You must have so many wonderful memories. xx

      Delete
  2. Decluttering so so freeing. Today I did our hallway coat closet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, you. It's always nice to create some space. xx

      Delete
  3. Well done with the decluttering! Glad you were able to get what you needed at the shops and resisted the cook books! I think I'm actually going to get rid of a few - gasp horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hard. I handed over some of my recipe books to the charity shop a while ago - I still have too many but I want to keep them (for now).
      I think, ultimately, I will need to be more ruthless. xx

      Delete
  4. You were busy, bet you slept well last night! It is nice to see everything clean and sparkling, isn't it? I find it too easy to just put things off until tomorrow. I need some of your "get-up-and-go"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've slept like a log, thank you. I'm having a 'good sleeping' phase at the moment which is really helpful.
      My Dad used to say 'My get up and go has got up and gone' sometimes and I guess we know exactly what he meant. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. That's one of my sayings, too - I try not to use it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are both suffering from our get up and go having gone after the virus. Yesterday I cleared some drawers in the dresser and it didn’t tire me too much but my sleep is still broken with coughing. Today will be mire if the same but I think we have decided on a nice sunny yellow for the kitchen walls.🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have been very unwell - be careful not to overdo it, OK? xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Joy.

      Delete
  7. Are we all spring cleaning? The first sign of sunshine has me emptying cupboards and cleaning with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's very motivating. I get the same urge October/November time, just before getting out the decorations. xx

      Delete
  8. You have been busy. It's always satisfying when you can have a sort out. From time to time, I keep chipping away at my decluttering, and another bagful got sent to the charity shop last week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing great. Every little helps and then, suddenly, there are gaps! xx

      Delete
  9. Well done with Spring decluttering, Joy. I always find it strangely satisfying especially when on first glance I thought that there was nothing that needed to go.

    ReplyDelete