Wednesday 10 April 2024

Wednesday evening, 10-04-24

Evening, everyone.
It's been another mixed day today as far as the weather is concerned.  We've had a slight frost, sunshine, some wind, some rain, it felt really cold, then it warmed up.  Very mixed.

Plans changed a bit.
I heard from Sharon who had to cancel - her husband is quite poorly at present and she was needed elsewhere.  I totally understood and I know she will reschedule as soon as she is able.

However, I got those drawers sorted out, did some cooking, some housework, sorted some things out for my holiday, did a bit of gardening but not much because it came over cloudy and started raining slightly.  I'd just washed my hair and didn't want to get it wet again so that was that!
I did knitting, reading and generally chilled.
A very quiet day.  It does feel odd without Lindsey's exercise classes.

Tomorrow is usually a pretty busy morning what with SET and then Chris.  Not tomorrow though so I thought I'd get the bus into town.  I need to go to Lakeland for some poly bags and I also want to look for some things in The Range.  And the market is usually worth a look round too.
Then, in the afternoon, weather permitting, guess what - yup, more gardening.  It's getting done, slowly and steadily.

How has your day been, busy or laid back.  Hoping it was good, whichever it was.
Sleep well, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Maybe some walks daily…free and great exercise.brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. Gardening is also great exercise. xx

      Delete
  2. Yep your day was def better than mine. Took our young grandchildren out for lunch today and the car broke down. Introduced them to the joys of pushing to bump start a car then waiting four and a half hours for a break down truck. Then had to cancel my holiday in Pitlochry next week. Very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. That's horrible for you. WHat was wrong with the car, do you know? And four and a half hours wait with young children in the car is shockingly long. It all sounds a bit of a nightmare, to be honest, what with that and losing your holiday. :-(
      I do hope the car's sorted without too much trouble and that you can reschedule the holiday.
      xx

      Delete
    2. The alternator had packed in. The AA said they were extremely busy, probable because of the Easter holidays. Funnily enough the tow truck driver lived in the next village to us. We are taking the grandchildren on holiday in July and then Fort William in September. Secretly hoping to visit Pitlochry before then though.

      Delete
    3. Fingers crossed it all works out for you. xx

      Delete
  3. Did a couple of walks in my quest to up my walking to at least 16 blocks by the end of the month (hoping for more over two or three excursions). I did cut out a dress, did some decluttering of the under sink area, and had a pretty laid back day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a laid back day and yours sounds really pleasant. Maybe the walks are helping your back too - hope so.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Our morning start bright and then deteriorate. Maybe today will be better:-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is. It's quite nice here now. Cloudy but fine and warm. xx

      Delete
  5. I love reading about your town, I' ve so many happy memories of shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasant town. It's changed a lot in recent years but I do like it. xx

      Delete
  6. Yesterday was a good day for us, as usual we went to Mum's and this time she was much perkier and even managed to eat half of the lunch we took her along with a scone. We both came away feeling much better for seeing her like that. It sounds as though you are managing to keep yourself busy with exercise and house-y things as usual. You have a lot of energy for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your Mum is so much brighter. Maybe it's the longer days and warmer weather. It helps you both too, doesn't it?
      I end to have a few energetic days and then I have a chill-out day. Works for me - we all work out our own way of managing our lives, don't we? xx

      Delete
  7. Yesterday was more decorating the spare room. I'm finding things I never knew I had but I intend to go through everything box and only keep useful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decluttering can be really challenging. I found it quite hard today, getting rid of stuff that used to be Mum and Dad's but which are damaged or not used. I feel better for having made some decisions though. xx

      Delete