Friday 12 April 2024

Friday evening, 12-04-24

Evening all (Remember Dixon of Dock Green, anyone?).  How has your Friday gone?  The weekend has pretty much started now and I know Beth will be glad - she's getting used to a new role at work and is getting really weary.

The weather has been really nice today.  Maybe not quite warm enough for real comfort but it's been bright and cheering.  No complaints.


These are three of the Poole Pottery ornaments I inherited.  The smallest one I gave to Mum a long time ago so it was nice to give him a bit of space.

The day started, as does almost every Friday, with Slimming World group.  It was a bit quiet today - a number of the ladies with school age children didn't come.  Schools restart for the summer term on Monday so I guess we'll see them back again.  It was a good meeting though, lots of laughs and jokes.

Oddly, I felt super tired and, when I sat down after breakfast to finish my coffee, I nodded off.  Must've needed it.  So I had a gentle day and did just a bit of this and that, nothing particularly exciting or interesting really.
The table is looking more laden now with things like tea towels, salt, jars I want to take, loo rolls . . . you know the sort of thing.  I could get all that from the Parc Market but . . .
it costs a lot more than Morrisons and
I don't want to buy, for example, a whole bag of salt for just four days!
It's not too much of a hassle, I just get things onto the table as I think of them.

I think tomorrow is going to be quite like today - a bits and bobs sort of day.  Sunday will be busy!
I hope your day has been great - good night, all.  xx

14 comments:

  1. We’ve had rain on and off. I spent the day prepping my class for Tuesday-it’s all about the bees. Hope you are almost ready for your trip away. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All about the bees - that sounds both interesting and intriguing.
      I'm sort of ready - organised in my mind, if not physically. But I will be, I certainly will be. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Your body was telling you what it needed. I'm a great believer in daytime naps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too. I reckon after a lifetime of teaching and fighting Friday Afternoon Fatigue, I deserve a few sneaky little snoozes from time to time. lol
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sunny here and after the nasty weather (more of that coming next week with snow) I am enjoying this weather. Love the owls.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jackie, not more snow! You've had so much! At least it's pleasant for you right now.
      The owls are lovely, aren't they? I thought it was about time to get them out as a feature (and they are not too tricky to dust either). xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely owls! Your Mother's love of owls lives on in you as I remember you mentioning being very fond of anything owlish. Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love owls, not that I know much about them. I just love their shape. xx

      Delete
  5. Seeing your owls made me think about Minerva, so I went down that track for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owls are lovely, I once knew someone who thought they were unlucky....... but then she was rather strange about some colours too.........
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I've not heard that one before. She'd really not like my cabinet then. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Take it easy for a day or two. My rotten virus started with me being exhausted and nodding off. I think perhaps if I'd rested up it wouldn't have affected me as badly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having what I call and ';easy weekend'. That doesn't mean doing nothing, it means I can organise things as I want because there's no going out for set things. It does make a difference.
      I think you're right - and you really were quite unwell, weren't you? How's things now? xx

      Delete