Thursday 4 April 2024

Thursday evening, 04-04-24

Evening, everyone.  

 I set my three goals/aims/words for the year/whatever you want to call them but, please, not targets - I had enough of targets when teaching to last me several centuries - with the aim of lightly revisiting them from time to time and, as we are a quarter of the way through 2024, here I am - revisiting them.  Lightly!

The second word was Energy.  Quite broad based but it seemed like a good idea at the time!
Have I been energetic?  Yes, I think I probably have.

I've tried to keep my mind active with Sudoku and other thinking quizzes, I've knitted and crocheted (which is supposed to be very good for the brain), I've kept up my exercise classes and I've been involved in Beat the Street; I do think my physical energy levels are pretty reasonable for a person of my age who had never been an energetic adult until after retirement.  I have two breaks this month, both will be activity based to a certain degree and I'm really looking forward to them both, genuinely anticipating them with pleasure.  A big mental shift in my 'old age'!

And I think I'm better at accepting when resting would be a good idea without feeling I have let myself down, recognising when/if an ache or mental listlessness needs rest or working through.  

So I think I am happy with how this one is going.

Today  I enjoyed online SET (ankle behaved itself), had a great chat with Chris and managed to dry a load of washing outside between downpours.  Happy day!!

I'm excited for tomorrow as it's into London to the Battersea Power Station (including the Chimney Lift) in the morning and the Royal Albert Hall behind the scenes tour and afternoon tea in the afternoon.  It's all inside, pretty much, so the weather can do its worst.  I've looked up what to do in the morning - there are shops (yay), the lift, exhibitions and we don't have all that long really.  
So it's an early night for me, remember to set the alarm and fingers crossed for a good night's sleep. 

Night, everyone, sleep well and pleasant dreams.  xx

12 comments:

  1. You are doing excellent with the energy portion of your goals for the year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It's easy to be overly self-critical, I think, and it's good to stop and think about the better side of things. xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you're certainly living up to your 'energy' word. Hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best anyway. It does sound interesting, doesn't it? xx

      Delete
  3. Many people half your age would gasp at what you achieve in a day. Hope today is wonderful. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me smile - my previous self would be pretty surprised too. I like what my life has become though! xx

      Delete
  4. Great start to the year and enjoy your away day with the lovely afternoon tea. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't afternoon tea in the end but I'll explain that in my next post. A super day. xx

      Delete
  5. I think I could learn a thing or two from this - particularly - acceptance......😍
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that, in particular, is a tricky one. I think it's hard to accept what you can't/shouldn't do. xx

      Delete
  6. That sounds wonderful. I love London! You are doing great with your exercise and discipline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is amazing but . . . I'm glad I don't live there. :-)
      xx

      Delete