Friday 19 April 2024

Thursday evening, 18-04-24

Sorry, I was desperately tired yesterday evening and had a bit of sinus trouble again or perhaps it was a migraine type thing from too much chocolate (ooops); anyway, early night and I'm as right as rain now.

The weather was good again yesterday and it was just a happy day.  I know you've already seen this view bit just look at the sunshine and the blue sky.  



I managed to access Lindsey's class; it did keep freezing but only briefly each time.  No good for conversations but fine for a fitness class.
I had another lovely swim although the wave machine wasn't working - no idea why not.  I'm a child when the wave machine starts - it's lovely to bob up and down and I enjoy the shrieks of the real children!
The gym as good but I probably won't be buying a pass again.  It was worth a try and I enjoyed it  but not really my thing for a holiday.
And walks around the forest are always lovely.  I forgot my camera though, unfortunately.  Oh, well, there wouldn't have been anything that different anyway.

In the evening I got as much packed as I could.  Now I just need to sort out the fridge, the shower stuff and the rubbish bin.  After eight I can go and get the car so I can load it up and then I have the choice of either taking the car back to the carpark and staying for a while or heading off home.  I will probably do the latter.  If I am home early, I can get everything unpacked, do a little shop and have things shipshape by the evening.  That would be good.

It has been a lovely short break but I love getting home too.  Now it's just a week before Lindsey's Fitness and Fin weekend at Five Lakes.  Really looking forward to that.  

Have a great day, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey home. Glad you got decent weather. It makes such a difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I did. It was obvious that there had been rain as I drove south, but I didn't see any of it. xx

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to get home again:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - I feel so blessed to be happy at home. xx

      Delete
  3. Have an easy and trouble free journey home! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annabeth - it was very easy and I'm now in, unpacked, I've turned the heating up briefly as it feels a bit chilly, it's windy and the sun is shining.
      Now to pour my coffee . . . < happy sigh >
      xx

      Delete
  4. It looks like you've had some really good weather for your holiday. It will be nice to be home after your break, it's funny isn't it as much as we look forward to holidays and enjoy them while we're there it's always good to get back to your own space and your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - I think it was lucky because the forecast beforehand hadn't been promising. There was a bit of rain but nothing to count, not really.
      The hotel bed was comfy for me but there's no bed like home, to coin a phrase. xxxx

      Delete
    2. Have a safe trip home..brenda

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Brenda. It was a good journey. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a lovely break and hope you are now home safe and sound. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm feeling warm and cosy and very relaxed this evening - such a lovely feeling. xx

      Delete