Monday 29 April 2024

Monday evening, 29-04-24

Good evening, everyone.   Home from Five Lakes and all settled in again.  
First of all, let's go back to yesterday . . .

Sunday was such a lovely day.  It started off with a Groove class in the Mersea Room where most of the classes were held (obviously the gym class was in the gym and would you believe the aqua class was in the pool).


It's a nice room and they provided a fridge with bottled water as you can see.  That's Lindsey to the left, getting set up for the live link to people who were accessing the classes from home.

After breakfast, we chilled for a while over coffee before the second of the two classes I did, a SET class.


This was our dining doom.  There are three, all next to each other, and they obviously knew us because it was the one where the bar was sited.  :-)

After lunch, I went to the Glade Theatre for a guided tour behind the scenes.  Now, the Potters shows are known for their excellent quality and, as the theatre is pretty new, it's all shiny state of the art technology.
 

I give you one guess . . . 


They took us backstage and talked through a typical show, how it all happens, the quick fire changes, etc.  The stage manager talked about her role and all the organisation that happens  behind the scenes that we, the audience, never see and which makes it all run as smoothly as possible.
Extremely impressive.


Then we went to the back to some serious technology.  They talked through the various technological bits and pieces - and that's an understatement as it is very complex and totally essential to the quality of what we see and hear.
There was such a lot to take in and I hope it is still on the timetable next time I go as I'd like to do it again.

Then, somewhat reluctantly, I started packing and got as much into the car as possible before going to the Lake View Lounge for a drink and a quiet read.  


Even the car park is attractive.

I also took a few photos from the Lake View Lounge which is on the first floor.  It's just very scenic.




After a delicious dinner, we headed off to the Glade Theatre for some excellent evening entertainment and it was nearly midnight before my head finally hit the pillow.  No, I wasn't the worse for wear, I was very moderate.  😇😇

On to this morning and I went to the early Aqua class - the pool isn't usually open at that time but they opened it for Lindsey to do a class.  I really enjoyed it - the sun was shining through the windows, the water was sparklingly inviting  and a comfortable temperature and it was just great!
Then we all dashed back to our rooms for a shower, got dressed, finished packing, loaded up the cars and went for our last breakfast.  We had to be out of our rooms by ten but could stay around until twelve so we did hover a bit before saying goodbye and driving home.
A very easy journey later, I was home, unpacked, one load of washing in and setting off to :Lindsey's for Circuits class.  I thought that might be a step too far but it wasn't, it was good.

I managed to get pretty much all of the washing done and, as it was a lovely drying day, everything dried on the line and I even got it all ironed.  I thought I'd crash after circuits but I didn't, so that was really good.

Hot off the press, I've just seen a message from Lindsey to say there will be another one next March.  Cheers!!

I am feeling quite weary now so will stop waffling on and get this live.  I really hope you have had a lovely weekend too, whatever you have done.
Sleep well amd all the best for tomorrow.  xx

22 comments:

  1. It certainly looks a most attractive place. Have you already booked your place for next March? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Lindsey I'm top of the list!! lol xx

      Delete
  2. I bet you are exhausted. The theatre trip sounds interesting but I'm worn out reading about all that exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now at half past none. Bed calls! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an active and very enjoyable weekend, and all clothes washed and ironed, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm well pleased. It's so easy to let things hang around after a break, I find. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really enjoyed it all. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was, Sooze. Better than expected or hoped for. xx

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a lovely weekend, though I'd be hard pressed to join any exercise classes. The pool, yes, the gym, not a chance. Glad you enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin . I totally understand and until around four or so years ago I'd have been exactly the same. I've just got into it really, bit by bit. xx

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place. Having those classes in such a setting would have been the icing on the cake.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It's the third Fitness and fun I've been to and each one I've enjoyed more than the one before. I'm so glad there's another one in the pipeline. xx

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time. It does look really lovely there, and the view from the Lake View Lounge is gorgeous.
    You've done well to catch up with your laundry already.Time for a rest, maybe. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny - I feel really energised at the moment which is just as well because there's quite a lot to do one way and another. Just little things but they all need doing.

      AND
      I have to catch up on everyone's blogs and vlogs. xx

      Delete
  10. You must be very fit - puts me to shame 😉
    Sounds like a fabulous time
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loads fitter than I was but not terribly fit really. I'm happy with where I am though, that's the main thing. xx

      Delete
  11. It sounds as though you've had a wonderful time, it's obviously a style of holiday that suits you very well. And the venue looks lovely, very like the Warner Leisure hotels that we go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very similar to Warners in many ways, yes. I did have a wonderful time, thank you. xx

      Delete