Tuesday 16 April 2024

Monday evening, 15-04-24

Er - I mean Tuesday morning!  Morning, everyone, apologies for last night; I was very weary and couldn't string together more than a couple of words at a time!  After a good night's sleep, things are looking much brighter.

Well, I had no idea you were such a set of poetic geniuses (geneii??).  I will string all your creations together and post the resulting ode this evening.  

My effort to this was:

How nice to be a ladybird,
Basking in the sun.
Glancing here, glancing there,
Just watch those aphids run!
. . . which is very like one of yours - Cherie's I think.  and:

How nice to be a ladybird
Basking in the sun.
Along comes Mrs Ladybird . . .
We're going to have some fun - woo hoo!

Well, I'm here although the journey wasn't entirely trouble free.  For a start, as I got into the car to start off, the heavens opened and we had a right dramatic hail shower.  It was more than a bit noisy.  Then the sat nav, which usually readjusts itself to my route after a few attempts to get me to go the way it wants me to go - which is the M11, joining at Bishops Stortford via the most complicated series of roundabouts I have ever had the bad luck to get confused on, because of Stansted airport and all the hotels that have sprung up there since they took a delightful little place and turned it into a monster (sorry, end of rant) - anyway, the sat nav refused to re-calculate and eventually I turned it off and relied on memory to get through Braintree and it was fine.

Then I took a wrong turning in Bury St Edmunds which was entirely my fault but I managed to spot a helpful signpost, got onto the B1106 and it was plain sailing after that.

And finally - it could only happen to me - I got myself 'lost' in the Center Parcs car park.  To be fair, lost isn't the right word but after registration, I turned the wrong way and ended up in the car park rather than on the road leading to the Lakeside Hotel.  And the signing wasn't great - I wasn't the only one looking confused and going round and round like that teddy bear in the garden!!
The positive is that, after unloading, I managed to park the car somewhere even I won't forget.  It is, after all, a VERY big car park!

Anyway, eventually I got settled in and unpacked.  The new header photo is the view from my bedroom window and this was what wandered across the grass when I happened to have camera still in hand.

Once unpacked, I wandered into the village.  I had intended to have a swim but I was so tired I just went to the booking desk to get my gym pass number and find out where it was and how the pass works.  Having done that, I headed back slowly and settled comfortably in for the evening.

On to today and I'm not rushing at anything,  I might wander down to the lake before breakfast, perhaps with a coffee in my flask, then come back for breakfast, go for a swim, have lunch, walk across to the Spa where the gym is, give that a go and then chill for the evening.  Yes, that sounds very pleasant and I do need some serious exercise to counter the amount I've scoffed over the weekend.   I'm feeling it in a certain sluggishness and an ache across the shoulders so some activity will sort that out.

I'll try to take some photos but there are a lot of people here and one does have to be careful.  See you again either this evening or, maybe, tomorrow morning, seeing as I have no morning classes this week and the pool doesn't open until ten.
Have a great day everyone and, again, thank you for your poetic efforts.  😉

13 comments:

  1. Lovely header. Wishing you a very relaxed ,happy day on your holiday x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've arrived and can unwind. Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can feel the tension seeping out and disappearing. xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your little break Joy. Hopefully the weather will fair up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not been so bad really - some rain but plenty of sunshine too. No complaints. xx

      Delete
  4. What a great view. Hope you enjoy your holiday and the weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. It's been nice so far. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh sorry you got 'lost'. At least you weren't the only one. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so frustrating and I drove past the exit twice too!!! My excuse was poor signing as it gave the impression it was the exit to the whole place (which it was but not solely). But really, it was me being a bit dim, I think. xx

      Delete
  6. I love your new header photgraph. And your poetry is wonderful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are a creative lot!!! xx

      Delete
  7. Great view from the window. How nice to wake up to that every morning.

    ReplyDelete