Tuesday 6 June 2023

Tuesday, 06-06-23


(Just something to brighten up this post)

Good morning, everyone.  It's yet another dull start to the day but the sun came out yesterday for a short while so fingers crossed for today!

It was a memorable day though.

I nearly had a whinge yesterday about yellow courgette seeds.  I popped them in the soil well over a week ago and nothing, absolutely nothing had happened.  There were only four seeds in the pack so I planted all four of them, assuming at least one out of the four would do something, but no - nothing.  
I'm glad I didn't whinge because later on yesterday there was a tiny little green speck showing and maybe, by this evening or tomorrow the speck will have uncurled to show wee seed leaves.  One out of four isn't great but, to be fair, that's all I want so here's hoping.  Better late than never, eh?
(I did try to take a photo but couldn't get it in focus)

I glanced at the clock and decided I had time before circuits so, as I had made my decisions, I mustered all my confidence (one of my words for the year, that) and used my mobile to contact the cruise company to book that Festive cruise.  I needed to speak to someone because of going with a friend so wanting a cabin on a specific deck, etc. as well as sharing the chauffeur car to and back from Southampton (which is included in the price).
Thankfully, the lady I spoke to had a lovely clear voice with no noticeable accent and the line was good so I heard everything perfectly well.
And, friends, it is now booked.  A Christmas adventure.

Of course, it means some changes in my Christmas traditions.  No Twelve Gifts of Christmas for the time between Boxing Day and Twelfth night for a start.  Luckily, for all I wanted to get them bought early, I only have a few so far.
No big Christmas cake - I might make some really small ones for family gifts instead.
No Kelly Bronze turkey.
However, I will have Christmas Tree Day - I might not get out all the other stuff but I must have the Christmas Tree up.
And I am thinking I will have the family round for a nice buffet the weekend before Christmas.
I can still do the Advent Carol Calender in here - I believe there's WiFi on board and anyway, I can time the posts.

Lots to think about but isn't it exciting?  Thank you for all your comments and advice.

Circuits was really fantastic.  As well as the three of us who are always there, there were two other ladies with their children, two boys and three girls, all primary age and at home because their school had an INSET day.
It was clear to see what an amazing teacher Lindsey must have been - she was brilliant with the kids and it took me right back.  Lovely!  I told her, she ought to think about doing something similar through the summer holidays.
After Circuits, Healther, Wendy and I went off to a coffee shop nearby - I just had my favourite Americano because I had my lunch all prepped and ready at home while the other two treated themselves from the menu.  It was lovely, sitting and chatting outside and we weren't the least bit cold because they turned on a little outside heater.
That was lovely too.

Today starts with Groove and, looking in the diary, that is the only scheduled thing so I will have to ponder on what I can/should/want to do for the rest of the day.  Nothing shop related, that's for sure.  Actually, I might pop over to Galleywood and have a stroll on the common - it won't be muddy, that's for sure.  I'll see how I feel!

Better stop rambling and start getting ready for the day.  Take care, everyone, and have a great day.  xx

18 comments:

  1. A Christmas cruise - how exciting! Good for you, Joy. Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so exciting and totally out of my comfort zone too. A bit scary in a way and I'm glad I'm going with a friend. xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, Joy! Now you can really start to look forward to it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six months to go - that's a lot of opportunity for excitement! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. A Christmas cruise sounds a very exciting adventure - it will be such a special experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be special - it isn't something I plan to do every Christmas, after all. Unless the Premium Bonds come up trumps and then I will treat the whole family! lol xx

      Delete
  4. That is exciting news! I'm so pleased you made the decision to go for it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. You will all be bored to tears of me by the time I actually go, I am sure. xx

      Delete
  5. I always look forward to that first little snippet of green showing through the soil when I have planted seeds. Glad your courgette seeds have at least started to show one plant. Hope more show through in the next few days.
    Christmas cruise adventure, how exciting. Glad you got it booked and I know you will enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a moment that always fills me with wonder - that first little sign of life emerging from under the soil. Nature really is amazing, isn't it?
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  6. Well done on booking the cruise-life’s for living and to use a common Scottish expression, “there are no pockets in a shroud” Glad to hear your wee courgette has popped up. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really pleased for you that you've booked the festive cruise, and I'll enjoy hearing all about it when the time comes x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll keep the blog fed for weeks. Everyone will be so bored by the time I go. lol
      Thanks, Alison. xx

      Delete
  8. Your Christmas adventure sounds wonderful. Don't give up on the other courgette seeds just yet, I had a couple of slow germinators too this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they know somehow that I only actually need/want one. We will see. xx

      Delete
  9. How exciting! It sounds fabulous :-) Me and courgette seeds just don't get on. I planted 10 and only 2 came up. I put them all outside in the mini greenhouse to harden off and another 2 have popped up. Not even a 50% germination rate and I've not even got them in the ground yet!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a nuisance. It's almost half, isn't it? How many did you actually want? xx

      Delete