Monday 19 June 2023

Monday, 19-06-23

 

The clematis is absolutely smothered with flowers - I have never known it so lovely.

Morning, everyone.  After a mixture of sun and rain yesterday, it is beautiful this morning and the forecast is really good.  Brilliant.

Yesterday was great.  The early rain morphed into sunshine and is was warm enough to dry two loads of washing pretty quickly.  I got it all ironed too so there isn't anything to do for a few days now.  
I did a bit of weeding but not as much as needed, I admit, so it is on today's list.
I did some clearing out, long overdue.  Firstly, I looked at my spice kits and realised that, to ny great shame, they were all out of date and, when I checked, sadly lacking in aroma, so in the bin they went.  Oh, dear.
Then I tackled in in/out box.  The theory is that the stuff comes in, I deal with what needs dealing and pop the paperwork in the box and once a week it gets sorted.  In reality, I do deal with what needs dealing bu then everything ends up in the box and stays there until I get fed up with the mess.  Oh, well, it's clear now apart from what stays in it and I need to employ more consistency (that's one of my words for this year) in sorting it.

After the work, I had some fun carrying on with my sewing picture.  I've just taken three photos.  

This one is how it looks right now but I don't like the flower and might unpick it or I might do another layer of stitching from closer to the centre and out.  I think I need to practise on some spare fabric first.  

It's very wonky!  Oh, well, next time, do a bit of measuring!



 This one is using flower buttons instead.  I don't know - it seems a bit of a cheat really.  What do you think?

Oh dear.  I was pleased with the lighthouse until I saw it close up on this photo.

It's as good as unartistic me can do so it'll have to stay.  Ironing might help.


I'm enjoying the making thereof so that's the main thing!





Today should be a good one.  I have no washing to do which is great and I've had an email from Lathcoats saying the PYO is open so I will go at nine, container in hand to grab myself some beauties.
I'll probably venture into the farm shop too.  Unwise but enjoyable.
There's circuits late morning and there's that weeding I didn't do yesterday so that should keep me out of trouble.

So that's today.  How about you - what re your plans for the day?  Stay safe and happy  xx

21 comments:

  1. Your Folk Art picture is really coming along -well done! I don't think buttons are a cheat at all as it adds another dimension and compliments the curtain, especially sewn on using contrasting thread. Sprigs of longer stemmed smaller flowers might even work contrasting with the boldness of the flowers on the curtain - decisions, decisions (hard isn't it) I am at that flower stage too ....
    Plans for today Joy? Working on the flowers!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zooming in to your pictures Joy, I rather like how you are working your fabric flower!!
      Suze x

      Delete
    2. Good luck with the flowers. I think I will practise a few before continuing and, in the meanwhile, there's the waves and the seagulls in the distance to work on!
      Maybe small buttons in the centre but I might use that jug idea and do a separate picture, using the big buttons in that.
      xx

      Delete
    3. I must admit I keep having ideas for another one!! Also I can't find my seagull button thing!!
      Suze x

      Delete
    4. That is most annoying! It has to be somewhere. xx

      Delete
  2. I love your folk art stitching and like the shape of the jug so wouldn't add any flowers at all - Have a good time fruit picking - had half a dozen raspberries from here yesterday - hope there will be more.
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have raspberries. I don't think they have any at Lathcoats yet but they might - must take an additional pot, in case. I think I might use the jug again - I quite like it too. xx

      Delete
  3. Your clematis is wonderful. I like the button flowers and look forward to seeing the finished picture. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, isn't it - the best it has ever been. xx

      Delete
  4. The slow stitching project in coming along nicely and every time you do one it will be different. I like the little buttons because I like a mixed media/3D effect on my stitching. Try putting some light rays coming from the top part of your lighthouse to make it come into focus better-gold coloured/yellow thread should do the job nicely. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea, Catriona, but I'm not sure I, personally, could make it work. I don't have that 'sense' of getting it just right. It's annoying. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. The clematis is looking beautiful, and makes a lovely header photograph.

    Yes, it's always unwise to enter a farm shop, there's so much lovely stuff and tasty food to see ... but sometimes you just HAVE to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you do and, yes, I did. Mostly stuff I needed and one 'treat'. xx

      Delete
  6. I love the folk art picture, and I think mixing it up with the buttons is a great idea.
    I've done a little of this sort of thing and I'm like you - my own worst critic:) but, part of the appeal of these crafts is their slight wonkiness - 'folksiness ' or Vintage Charm.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it will be buttons. The more I look, the better I like it and I do have those bright buttons all ready to use.
      I might do another one with jugs of different shapes and sizes on a shelf or something like that. xx

      Delete
  7. I agree with the others - I too like the button flowers idea, mixed media is good I think, adding more dimensions and layers for added interest. Lovely clematis. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. Buttons it is. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Love the buttons. I finally got rid of all my inboxes here, I just put in there and forget. So now every piece is dealt with as it comes in. I run a business here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I deal with things as they come un (mostly), it's just filing away the papers afterwards. Running a business, I guess one has to be very on top of all of that - good for you! xx

      Delete
  9. I really like the flower buttons.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete