Wednesday 7 June 2023

Wednesday, 07-06-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It is supposed to be bright sunshine today - but maybe not just yet round here.  Ho hum.  Come on, summer - where are you?

Thanks for all your lovely comments about the cruise.  I'll tell you more about it in the coming months but suffice it to say for now that it is a fully inclusive thing with several expeditions/excursions/activities planned in which are optional but I will want to make the most of it all.

Baby courgette has survived the night with seed leaves fully emerged.  I think I might get one of my cut off bottles to put around it tonight for a bit of protection.  No sign of the other three yet but then maybe it's a one in four!

After Groove and breakfast yesterday, I really didn't fancy driving all round town to Galleywood so I stopped off in Writtle instead.  I'd have to go through Writtle anyway so it made sense.
Here's the Wiki entry for Writtle.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writtle
It really is delightful with old houses round a triangular green with a duck pond, an old and interesting church and more modern parts too.  It does take a fair bit of traffic one way and another but isn't usually too busy.


The duck pond.
For fans of J K Rowling's Cormoran Strike books, this was the pond the phone was thrown into in 'The Ink Black Heart'.

The view across the Green to the Church.




One of the many gorgeous old houses.





Just part of the walk, which is pretty much the same way as the walk we took last time we had the Occasional Slimming World walk in Writtle.



I love this name.  It's quite close to 'Cow Watering Lane' which I also love.  So country!


And finally - a bit sun-bleached now but this made me smile.



It was a very pleasant walk.








Today, Lindsey has moved personal training to this morning so I'll be popping out for that and then coming back for the rest of the day.  I need to remove some cheeky weeds from the older paving at the front and then I'm not sure but I'm sure I will find plenty to do.
What are your plans for today?  xx




14 comments:

  1. Cheeky weeds keep appearing in my patio too!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nuisance, isn't it? Oh, well, their Time is Up!! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. I do love a village green with a nice pond. And I love Cormoran Strike, funnily enough I was thinking about watching the series again the other night.

    Your cruise sounds like some of the ones we were looking at for last year, they were very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love villages. With I lived in one (although I'm perfectly happy where I am too). There's a new book coming out soon, I gather. xx

      Delete
  3. Pretty village. I like village greens with ponds - quintessentially English x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so, yes. Absolutely perfect. xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice place to walk around. I've been in the greenhouse tying up tomatoes and the one cucumber plant, removed loads of side shoots from the toms too.........they all looked so tiny when I put them in a few weeks ago, now they are like triffids!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once they get going, they REALLY go, don't they. MIne are the same and I check every morning now - they seem to side shoot when I'm not looking.

      Writtle is a very nice place to stroll in, yes. I think I'll go back again soon and set off in the other direction.
      Roxwell is quite nice too - maybe that's what I ought to do rather than t'other side of town.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It was jumper and scarf weather here today. I'm so looking forward to reading all about your cruise. It's nice to have something to look forward to isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, it's lovely!
      It's warmed up a lot here, thank goodness. xx

      Delete
  6. I love the term "cheeky weeds". I have a great many of those.

    Take advantage of as many expeditions as you can. We loved those on our tours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound so exciting and are included in the cost so I'd be daft not to really! Ice sculpture, anyone?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos. I love the Post Box!

    ReplyDelete