Saturday 17 June 2023

Saturday, 17-06-23


 And they have been separated!  The last one, bottom right, is the smallest but I thought it worth potting on as it looks quite healthy - maybe someone might like it.  The top one is the one most likely to survive; I don't know about number two because I am not sure courgettes and pots go together, whatever Google says!

Morning, everyone.  The sun is more hazy this morning which generally means a stuffier, more humid day, but the forecast is great so time will tell.  Yesterday was just a lovely summer day - fresh in the morning, quite hot but not roasting in the afternoon and then cooling off to a very comfortable night.  Pretty perfect really.

SW was, as always, great fun.  The cleaners came, saw and conquered, as always, and I had a lazy day.  My eyes were very itchy but I survived and they're fine again this morning.  Apart from that, it was jut the usual daily stuff and a snooze in the afternoon.

Today starts with an online SET class.  8:30 is a great time to start a class when it's so hot later on so I'm happy about that.

Then it's usual stuff until the afternoon where I will trundle off to St Andrew's Church Hall for the folk art sewing workshop with Sharon.  What makes it even better is that one of you is also going so we can meet.  I'm excited about that.

(Suze, you don't fancy a baby courgette, do you? )

Have a lovely Saturday, one and all.  Take care and stay cool, hydrated and sun-blocked as necessary!  xx

12 comments:

  1. The folk art sewing workshop sounds interesting.
    How nice to be meeting a fellow blogger so close to you. I've only ever met one blogger, but she lives in Belgium, so our paths don't naturally cross. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be very pleasant, I am sure. It does sound very interesting. xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh-envious of your class this afternoon and it will be lovely to meet a fellow blogger in person. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be lovely - I'm looking forward to both. x

      Delete
  3. Folk Art sewing class sounds fascinating - we will need photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera is in my bag and I will, if I can. :-)
      By the way, the change at the side seems to have worked now. xx

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to hearing about the class x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look promising. I'm very tempted to buy a few small courgette plants to pop in my empty raised bed.
    The sewing workshop sounds fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both seem to have survived the move. The main trouble is that small courgette plants don't stay small for long. I expect that is will cover pretty much all of that half of the bed.
      It was really good, thanks, Sharon. xx

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how fast they grow...vegetable growing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sewing class sounds very interesting.

    I have a friend that manages to grow zucchini in pots, so hopefully yours does well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete