Friday 9 June 2023

Friday, 09-06-23

 Morning, everyone.  The sun is shining and, while it's not that warm yet, it's going to warm up soon, I am sure.  I've dressed for warm anyway!

Yesterday was quiet and peaceful.  I had a lovely time with Chris, catching up on all her latest news.  Later on, I filled in the booking form for The Holiday and also arranged the travel insurance and got that paid off so that's off my mind.

Apart from that, I did some washing but not ironing, I chilled, rested, snoozed a bit and still slept well overnight.  I guess I'm just having one of those spells of sleeping really well so I will make the most of it!

Today, I will be off to Slimming World in a while and later on Beth's coming to pick me up and we're going to the Hare for lunch and a good old catch up.  She's off work this week and seems to have a great time - no Covid problems this week.

Just a short blog today - have a lovely day and I hope the sun is shining for you too.  xx

12 comments:

  1. I love a 'me' day - made even better when the sun is shining! We all need them!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good, aren't they? AFter a lifetime of teaching, they are so much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a very pleasant start to the weekend. We're threatened with thunder - not something I anticipate with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At group, people were saying we might get some storms tomorrow afternoon. I hope not but we will see. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you've had a great lunch out x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks. Beth's just left and we had a lovely Mum/daughter catch up. xx

      Delete
  4. Here, it started cool, has warmed up nicely but we have an annoying whistling wind that is really taking the edge of the heat ... but at least it's drying the washing on the line.
    Do you buy your travel insurance for each holiday or as an annual policy? We switched to an annual one through the post office last year because we went on so many different breaks, it saved us a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a one off this time. Usually, I don't bother or it's sort of included one way or another.
      However, if this gets to be a habit, I will seriously consider taking out an annual policy. xx

      Delete
  5. Warmth for us in the East at last is forecast - hooray - and I've forgotten to do the ironing - whoops. Hope your lunch was good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind!! (in dead pan voice)
      Lunch was lovely, thanks, and it's really warm now. Even my fingers are comfortable. It's gorgeous.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Having a day to yourself, to do whatever you wish sounds wonderful. Hope you had a great visit with Beth.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you. It was a lovely day. I hope your day was great too. xx

      Delete