Tuesday 13 June 2023

Tuesday, 13-06-23

 

I need to do a bit of dead heading but, all the same, it's looking lovely at the moment.

Good morning, everyone!  It was a hot old morning yesterday as humidity built up.  Some places, not so far away had some torrential rain and flooding, but here were got about five minutes of not a lot, barely enough to wet the ground, before clearing.  It was enough to lift the humidity, mind you, and overnight was much more pleasant than Sunday night.

Lindsey had planned a couple of different circuit classes yesterday, depending on how hot/sunny it was.  The one we did was lower in cardio and higher in strength but it was more sweaty than it's been all year, nonetheless.  Good though and I think Chris enjoyed it too.

Good old Lathcoats.
I got an email from them (I'm on their mailing list) saying that they are likely to be opening strawberry PYO fairly soon and explaining that, in order to spread demand out manageably, pickers need to book in advance.
However, then it said:
Over 65s only and people with a disability and their family/carers can pick between 9 and 10am without booking (weekdays only), IF we are open.
Like I said - good old Lathcoat's!!  There are definite advantages to being over a 'certain age'.
And I guess I will be getting more of my fruit, veg, eggs, etc, from the farm shop while the picking lasts.  I do like PYO season.

Today the sun is out again but it feels very fresh and comfortable, thankfully.  The forecast is for bright sunshine but not as hot as it has been.  It sounds lovely.

There's three - no, four things in the diary.
I have to wait in for a delivery but am able to get to Groove first thing, so that's good.  Later on in the morning, my friend, Mel, is coming round for a coffee so I'm looking forward to that.  
The delivery is the third thing.
Then, in the afternoon, Jeff is in the area and is popping in, not to help with the garden, but to pick up a tool I no longer use but that he could make good use of.  I'm glad it is going to a good home.
Given the ongoing fine weather, I'll see if I have a full load of washing too - may as well.

So that is Tuesday's plan.  Nothing spectacular but very pleasant, all the same.  And I'm really looking forward to those strawberries when Lathcoats opens its PYO.

Stay cool, hydrated and sun protected, everyone, and have a lovely day.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Your tub is fabulous. We have had virtually no rain here and my new perennials are looking very sad. We are sewing at Craft Group today but it will be very hot in the area we use. If there is a shady patch, I am going to suggest we sit outside. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be very sensible and I really hope it is possible or, at the very least, you can get a good draught blowing through. Fingers crossed.
      Also crossed for some rain for you soon. xx

      Delete
  2. The flowers look beautiful, Joy. A lovely arrangement. Is it one of your tubs?
    It's 28 degrees here today, and we're not forecast any rain all week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite a shallow one a bit like a (plastic) urn. It's come out really nicely. No rain forecast here now until next Monday. It doesn't feel humid today which is a relief. xx

      Delete
  3. We had thunder again but no rain. It's warm but pleasant this morning. Your flowers are so pretty. Janice x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I do love a good storm from time to time but we tend not to get them around here. Maybe next week . . .
      xx

      Delete
  4. Picking your own in the cool of the morning before the crowds descend will be lovely. We had a fantastic thunderstorm last night and lots of torrential rain, including a fantastic water cascade from next doors guttering which is obviously VERY blocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely - it makes me cooler just thinking about it.
      Yes, I do love the early slot - and I'm always awake early so it's not a problem getting over there either. xx

      Delete
  5. Strawberry picking in Lathcoats, yum yum! We haven't found anything near us here so just been buying them and very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice this year, aren't they? Very sweet and juicy. xx

      Delete