Wednesday 21 June 2023

Wednesday, 21-06-23

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun's back!  To be fair, it returned yesterday afternoon after a wet and thundery start but not for that long and it felt 'heavy'.  This morning feels lovely again.

First of all - looky look!!   Finished!

Suze's is on the right (posted with her permission, thanks, Suze) and mine on the left.  Amazing the difference you get from the same basic pattern.  I love the teapot, Suze, and the rocks, the flowers are brilliant (I'm copying them, for sure) and that seagull button just finishes it off perfectly!
Wonkiness incarnate, both of them!

As mentioned already, yesterday morning was very wet and a bit stormy.  Groove the the sweatiest I can remember it and we were all a bit dripping by the end.  Apart from that, I didn't do anything else exciting (apart from finishing the picture, I mean), just the usual daily bits and bobs.  

I had ordered a few more J D Seasoning spice mixes on Monday, having needed to get rid of what I already had, but I was very restrained and am planning them into meals in the coming weeks.  The main problem with these kits is that they are for four and I don't always want four portions, especially at the moment when I am cutting down on freezer space.  However, their site and their YouTube channel has recipes for alternate use of some of the mixes so I could ring the changes with one pot of mix.
Anyway - I was most impressed when they arrived yesterday.  That was speedy.

Today, until yesterday afternoon, I only had Personal Training in the diary.  However, I saw, on Facebook, a desperate plea for helpers for getting things ready for the June Fair at school today.  I can't help out after school but I can go in first thing at drop off time so I offered.
So that sorts out the time before breakfast (I do I F so have my first meal after eleven, when possible and sensible), then it's home for breakfast, then homey stuff before having lunch and driving over to Lindsey's.

So a nice, happy day and fingers crossed the sunshine stays.
How about you?  xx




18 comments:

  1. I think our 'views from the window' look fabulous together - the same but very different! Yours is lovely Joy. Well done. I was looking out of my window yesterday and saw the view in a different light, wondering if I could recreate it! However first I have a cardi to finish knitting.

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes you think and 'see' things in a different light, doesn't it? Maybe we should meet up for a craft day sometime. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Liking the colour pop and texture of the flower buttons and if you fancy a seasonal change they are easily replaced. They both look lovely and so neatly stitched. My stitching effords would be held up as an example of how not to do it!
    JD Seasoning sounds interesting, have to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used J D Seasonings for a while. I think they're pretty good value.
      Thanks for the kind words - yes, I could change the colour and shape of the buttons to ring the changes. Good idea! xx

      Delete
  3. Both those collages are most attractive - well done to you both. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both those gorgeous stitchery pictures - a simple idea executed very well x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, ALison. That's lovely. xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. We have enjoyed working on our pictures.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - here's to the next one, possible a Christmas based project of some kind. xx

      Delete
  6. Nice work on the wall hangings! I am most impressed with the hanging strawberry plants - wish they could be transported here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what you mean. I could do with a few short rows of trestles here - something else I would probably do, had I the space and the money!
      They're got a good watering system too - very technical.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Both views from the window are stunning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I rather love them both too.
      xx

      Delete
  8. The pictures are both lovely, well done ladies. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Those are both lovely. I really like them! It's something I'd love to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go - it is very satisfying! xx

      Delete