Tuesday 27 June 2023

27-06-23

Good morning, everyone.


I HAD to post this.  Seen on facebook and I laughed out loud.

Does anyone else go into  room and forget why you were there so you have to go back to where you've come from to remember?







What did I do yesterday?  I . . .
Went strawberry and raspberry picking
Did a little shop in the farm shop and might have bought a plant!
Changed the sheets and remade the bed, remembering to change over the quilt - better late than never.
Did three washes, dried it all, ironed it and put it all away again.
Made a loaf of bread.
Made a pot of strawberry jam for Saturday using some of the Lathcoats strawberries.

Was I feeling better?  You bet your sweet bippy I was.  😁
(anyone else remember Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In?  'Verrrrry eenteresting, but . . .' or 'Sock it to me . . .')

Seriously, although it got a bit humid late afternoon, it was much fresher, very pleasant, so different from Sunday,


I ordered a little arrangement from Victoria.  

Very pretty.

Thank you all for your very kind words yesterday.  They helped a lot.  xx







Today, I have my friend, Diane, she of the Christmas Cruise, coming over for coffee so I need to do a bit of tidying up before she arrives.   I've already got another loaf on the make in the kitchen - and before anyone thinks I am a glutton for work. Thermione does all the hard work for me and she merrily kneads away while I sort out the dishwasher, make my coffee, etc!  All a bit of a cheat but I don't care!

Apart from that, it's just the usual daily stuff so nice and quiet.  The front is long overdue for a weeding so fingers crossed it's not too hot or too wet or - whatever.  The forecast is nice but you never know, do you.

Right, well, better check how that dough is doing and I 'need' another coffee so I will love you and leave you.  Have a lovely day, everyone.




14 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful arrangement - balm for the soul. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so. If there is such a thing as 'flower psychology', Victoria is good at it. xx

      Delete
  2. That arrangement is gorgeous!
    I definitely find myself saying all of those things, on a daily basis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower arrangement is so pretty . I'm with you all the way on labour saving devices, some progress is good - I would struggle to do a full 8 minute knead now, and I'm only in my early sixties, it's hard on the wrists and fingers!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really can be - it might be pliable but you do need to exert some strength. xx

      Delete
  4. The flower arrangement is gorgeous-such gentle colours. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pastel colours - as you say, they are gentle. xx

      Delete
    2. Beautiful flowers!
      I certainly do do that forgetting why I am here thing regularly. It's so embarrassing when it happens at work especially when I get back to where I started and can instantly remember what I had forgotten, especially if it means going back into the classroom and the leave it again almost instantly.

      Delete
    3. lol - Oh, yes. I remember doing that on occasions too. Even worse when you pop into the head's office to say something and forget!! xx

      Delete
  5. Joy, what a lovely flower arrangement. Simply gorgeous.

    Add me to the ones who say those things at least every day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It does my heart good each time I look at it. xx

      Delete