Wednesday 11 January 2017

Wednesday

Good morning, gentle readers.  It still feels fairly mild here although I gather colder weather is on its way.  I bet we don't have much in the way of any snow that's around though.  We never do!

As expected, yesterday was a bit on the busy side, not helped by me feeling somewhat shivery and achey.  I have no idea if it's connected with the swimming aches but there you go.  End of whinge.

I made the bread, got the books to the charity shop and then called into the upholsterers to sort out what I want now I have chosen the fabric.  They can't start the work until the middle of March which is reassuring.  As I said to Beth, to be fully booked for two months when what they do is really pretty expensive, is reassuring and it will be so nice to be able to look at my chairs and not sigh inwardly because they look so scruffy.

I have also asked them to make a couple of fitting cushions for a couple of wooden tub chairs (I think that's what they are called) that I bought for practically nothing.  I've tried my ordinary cushions and looked at ready mades but they don't fit or I don't care for the colour.  The cushions will cost several times what I paid for the chairs but never mind!  In for a penny . . . and that's what savings are for.

In between ins and outs, I managed to get on with the quilt.  I definitely got a lot better at it as I went on and I have now finished the log cabin part.  I can't do much more now until I get the wadding so I'd better get on with that!  It's on today's list of things to do!

I'd better go and start doing and ticking off the many minor things I have on my list.  The sooner I start, the sooner I finish!
Have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Helloooo! It's blowing a gale here today and I really don't want to go outside in it! My warm comfy bed feels like I never want to leave it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit breezy here but not too bad. I expect it will get colder through the day and I will notice the wind more - IF I go out, which I am not intending to do! We tend not to get extremes of weather round here most of the time so if we do get snow I will be very surprised.

    J x

    ReplyDelete