Friday 6 January 2017

Friday

. . . and it is also Epiphany, also known as Twelfth Night, so I have changed the picture at the top.  It's still a winter picture - frost on my rosemary bush.
Talking of frost - brrrrrrrr again.   Yesterday was so cold that the frost didn't thaw on the shaded parts of the grass and come the evening I turned up the heating a bit, thankful that I could.

I got quite a lot done that I had planned to do which was good.  The kitchen is a lot tidier now and more of the decorations are away.  The tree stays up until Sunday when Beth and Alex come over to help, so I shall enjoy just a few more days of bright sparkle from that corner.  There's no doubt, the decorations do brighten up what is often an extremely gloomy time of year.

I went into school in the afternoon in hopes that I would be wanted and I was, which was nice.  I do enjoy doing the reading with the year 2s who are full of chat about what they have done.

Thankfully, the internet seems to have picked up again.  It's not perfect, but it is loads better than it was.

Today I have some ironing - the bedding wasn't dry by the evening so I couldn't do it then) - and I will get the last bits of decorations done and dusted.  The Friday page on my lovely new diary is pristine and unmarked so once I have done the necessary I can take it easy - knit, sew, read, whatever.  Life is good!

Today's food:
B:  granola and natural yogurt, orange
L:  soup and an apple
T:  30g cheese, cuppa
D:  sausages, home made wedges and either sprouts or a salad.  I'll see how I feel.  Then yogurt.

Given that it is the last of the Christmas festivals and which celebrates the visit of the Magi to Bethlehem, I thought one more festive carol might be appropriate so here it is - the old favourite, We Three Kings, sung by guess who!


2 comments:

  1. Love the frosty photograph! Enjoy your nice quiet day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going beautifully, thanks, Chrissie. How are you?
    J x

    ReplyDelete