Sunday 29 January 2017

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  It's Sunday; the Day of Rest.  That means, of course, that everyone is busier than ever, either continuing to work or rushing round getting all those things done that they would really like to spread over the whole week but can't.  The food shops seem busier on Sundays than they are for the rest of the week too!

Yesterday was a pleasant enough day.  Rain and sun in more or less equal measures and it was considerably warmer than it has been all week.  It feels chilly now but if one will wake and come down before the heating clicks on . . .

Before Christmas I had intended to have round the girls I dine with at the Hare - Beth, J and L, for a meal but it never materialised.  Yesterday we sorted it all out via Facebook communication and they're coming round one Friday evening in February.  Beth is bringing drinks, L and J are bringing desserts and I will start the meal off with dips and nibbles and then provide the main course.  I will do my broccoli and macaroni cheese for Beth but will have to have a ponder about the meat element.  I know the girls like a good selection of vegetables, so that's easy enough, it's just the meat.

I meant to do some ironing yesterday evening but totally forgot so it is on the list for today.

I have three round for lunch today and have been exercising my mind as to what to do, which is ridiculous as it is only one more than I usually have.  I got a lump of beef out of the freezer yesterday so I have that for the omnivores but I'm not quite sure what to do for Beth. I'll have to risk frostbite and have a good rootle in the freezer to see what I have in the vegetarian line.  The usual accompaniments will be fine for us all - roasties, sprouts, carrots and parsnips and very nice too.

After lunch, I will need to make the usual batch of bread and then I can settle with the sewing machine and start piecing together some of the squares I have been cutting out to make bags for our summer stall.

My food plans today:
B:  porridge with jam and yogurt (must make some more yogurt)
D:  roast beef, roasties, broccoli, sprouts, carrots and parsnips
T:  broccoli soup, bread and butter

It's warming up nicely now and I think, early as it is, I will treat myself to a first coffee.  Have a lovely day, whatever you are doing.



2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a family saying - 6 days shalt thou labour - and on the 7th do all odd jobs. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just made me laugh out loud. How very true!
    J x

    ReplyDelete