Wednesday 25 January 2017

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's Wednesday and it is still cold and misty out there.  It's nice to have some winter temperatures for a change, I think.  I love a cold and frosty atmosphere and the mist here isn't bad enough to cause problems (I hope)

It was quite a busy day yesterday and I'm glad that Beth and I cancelled swimming.  I remembered to take photos of the quilt before wrapping it up and I fussed around in the kitchen for a while too.  Foundation Stage reading was great fun, as usual, and the baby shower after school was very pleasant indeed.  K seemed to like the quilt and the bag and people said nice things about it too, so it was worth the time and effort and now I know I can make a bigger quilt!  The trouble with this sort of thing is that as soon as you have made one thing, you want to go bigger or more complicated.  However, for a while I will avoid the big stuff and let Beth get on with hers while I stick with shopping bags which will make nice gifts for people, if they don't sell.

Here's the quilt (sorry about the light) . . .

. . . and here's the bag I put it in, made using two disappearing nine blocks for front and back.

In the evening I wanted to watch the new Back In Time programme, Further Back in Time for Dinner, but it was on at nine and by then my eyes were drooping, so I shall watch what I missed on iPlayer at some point.

Today is swimming, then pottering around at home and then tuition.  Not a terribly busy day but I have various culinary things I want to do which should keep me busy and out of trouble and I will need to do a tidy up before my pupil turns up.
I want to make a savoury pork mince mixture that is packed full of vegetables and lentils and I also want to make some bread dough to turn into rolls.

Today's menu is:
B:  before swimming:  apple
      after swimming: porridge with pineapple and yogurt

L:  carrot and lentil soup, ham sarnie, clementine

D:  small jacket potato with cheese, baked beans

S:  carrot batons


5 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful Joy and the shopping bag is sweet, I love the dragon fly fabric. I'm always three projects ahead in my head, which is probably why I'm slow to get stuff completed!! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely and I really like the bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,that quilt and bag are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies. I know what you mean about being three projects ahead, Rachel - there are so many tempting things to make out there.
    J x

    ReplyDelete