Friday 27 January 2017

Friday

Good morning, lovely people in blogland!  It's certainly warmer in here than it is out there where there is a heavy frost that makes me glad I don't need the car first thing.  Yesterday stayed dreadfully cold all day, not rising about -1, as far as I could tell.  I walked to a friends and my eyes were watering when I got there, it felt so cold.

Never mind, I don't have to do outdoor games lessons, playground duties and the like any more, but I feel for those who do.

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I received good news about something that has been worrying me quite a lot over the past week.  Sorry, I can't say what as it is someone else's story but I am so, so glad.

I had my chat with my friend and I now have another pupil.  That makes four, which is as much as I want to take on at present.  We start next week.

When Beth and I make something, we keep all the useable left-over bits.  They are starting to bulge out of the drawer so yesterday I sorted some out and cut them into five and a half inch squares (I think they are called 'charms', for bag and quilt making.  I'mm do some more today - when I first started sewing after retirement, I bought some very cheap fabrics that never really got used, so I need to dig them out and seem if they are suitable.  As I said before, I'd like to make some patchwork bags to sell at the June Fair and to use as gifts for people and each bag takes eighteen squares.

Today the cleaners come so I'd better do a bit of a clear up.  It's not really messy, just a bit unkempt round the edges.  Half an hour should sort it all out.

Today's food plans:
B:  toast with peanut butter; apple
L:  leek and potato soup, bread to dunk, clementine
D:  chilli con carne with rice; natural yogurt.

Now it is time for a second coffee.


2 comments:

  1. Did you by chance see the wonderful cupboard I put on my facebook page it was you I was thinking of when I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. Wasn't it wonderful? I could do with half a dozen! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete