Thursday 5 January 2017

Thursday

. . . and it feels like Thursday too, for a change.  It's frosty out there again so I'm glad to be warm and cosy inside.

The biggie for yesterday was the car service.  All done and dusted now with nothing to do except for the usual general service stuff.  They always give the car a little wash and a valet as part of the service so it came back looking more shiny than it has for ages.  The next thing is the first MOT but that's not till September so I have written in my diary to help me remember!

After the car had been collected, I got going with the ironing.  I've been avoiding the fitted sheets which are my least favourite thing to iron but yesterday I bit the bullet and got them all done while watching daytime TV.  I'll have two more sets to wash and iron by the end of today so I had to really, didn't I?

After the car came back I was tempted to go for a little drive, just to see how she handled, but I was strong and resisted.  There probably isn't any change anyway, except that the flashing neon light saying 'your car is long overdue for a service, stupid' will have gone out.
OK, so really it's just a small 'service' on the dashboard but it seemed to get bigger and bigger the longer I left it!

Today I have a kitchen that needs a bit of a clear up, sheets to change and wash, my bedroom needs a tidy and it's time I did my meal plans for next week so I know if I need to buy anything.  I am trying to be a bit more organised and food shop just once a week.  It's not any kind of resolution or target, just me making a bit more effort.

Today's food:
B:  porridge with dried fruit and natural yogurt
L:  leek and potato soup, apple, orange
T:  50g nuts, cuppa
D:  more of the turkey casserole of which I made loads and it's very tasty too!  The rest will go into the freezer for an easy dinner in the next few weeks.

But first - a coffee.  I love the first coffee of the day!

2 comments:

  1. So do I ... the first coffee of the day is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! It goes down a treat!
    J x

    ReplyDelete