Tuesday 28 April 2015

Tuesday

After a chilly start, yesterday turned out very pleasant.  Not all that warm at times but sunny and cheering.  Today it is chilly again but skies are clear so I'm hoping.  I gather parts of the country have had a little snow but I doubt we will get any hint of it here.
I was pretty cold yesterday evening and, for once, turned the heating up which sorted that out very quickly.

The children did some writing yesterday, a non-chronological report about minibeasts.  There were some very funny sentences, especially about spiders, but I think my favourite was one about ants where the writer commented that ants 'tear apart the queen ant and eat her which is a pritty disgusting thing to do but there you are thats what they do.'   Classic child's POV.

Today is just more of the same.  It's all go, isn't it?  It will be nice to wake up and feel that the day's my own and I can read, sew, bake, whatever.  It's also nice to remember that we're coming up to a long weekend.  I might even take a trip to Hyde Hall on the Monday, weather and opening hours permitting.  It will be packed but that's OK, I will take lunch with me.
Better go and check with Google  :-)

Breakfast time so off I go.  Have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time at Hyde Hall and that the sun shines on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it now.
    J x

    ReplyDelete