Saturday 18 April 2015

Saturday

One week down, twelve to go!  I did my last ever early morning duty yesterday!

The temperature has dropped several degrees in the last few days but it is still warm enough not to feel cold when I wake at two o'clock ready to go!  I've weighed myself, planned the food for the coming week, had a coffee (nice) and I think I will go and start the bread soon so it doesn't cut too much into the day ahead.

Yesterday was OK.  Busy, of course, with some frustrations, but OK.  The weather was perfect for outdoor PE which was lovely after so many weeks when the weather spoilt things.  It seemed a long time ago when we last did outdoor PE and I suppose it was, as we've had the Easter break, no PE on the last day, a 'special' the week before that and rain the week before that.  They love outdoor games and worked very hard which was nice.

Today is going to be busy.  Apart from the new bread making recipe I intend to go into school as the place needs a good going over and, with a 'climate walk' on Wednesday, I need to freshen things up a lot.  There's also marking and various assessments that need to be done and school is the best place for that as everything is to hand.  I might also clear some of my stuff.  The children don't play with the puppets, etc, any more, sadly, so I can hand them on.

As well as that there are the usual Saturday chores to do.  I have to admit, it's going to be lovely when I don't have to ram loads of chores into a single day any more, not ever again.  Getting the ironing done as it dries rather than having a pile at the weekend, for example.  More flexibility will definitely be a very good thing.

Better go, I suppose.  The dishwasher needs emptying (such hard work!!!) as well as starting the sourdough bread (me, not the dishwasher).  Wish me luck and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I ask myself-do you ever sleep?Good luck with the bread-I must try some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, yes. Sometimes! :-)

    J x

    ReplyDelete