Thursday 30 April 2015

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a lovely early morning here, very cool with just a slight frost touching the roofs of the cars so that one feels a bit like a puffing Billy when breathing, but the skies are clear and the air smells wonderful.
I've sneezed six times already so must remember to take the antihistamine this morning.

Yesterday was odd.  It was staff meeting after school and it was about something I don't need to know so I didn't have to stay.  It just felt very strange and a little bit not nice to walk off and get on with other work, knowing that the meeting was still going on behind me.  And they are interviewing for 'my' post today.  It's just - strange.

I need to get on with some work so I'll stop now.  I hope the day goes really well for us all.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a really beautiful morning - the trees look wonderful with all the blossom, too. Gorgeous.
    Yes, it must have felt strange not having to attend all of the staff meeting, I wonder how many staff meetings you have attended during your teaching career :o) It is bound to feel strange at first.... However, you are still doing absolutely the right thing, Joy, it really was a sensible and excellent decision to retire now. You're bound to have withdrawal symptoms but you will still be involved in school life and that is really nice. :o)
    Have a lovely day - weekend again soon. :o) S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it feels all wrong and excluded, doesn't it. It'll take time to adjust, I was unsettled for about three months after retirement. Now, I think it's the best thing ever and I don't even want to go back to say hello! They've moved on and I feel like a spare wheel ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to put away any thoughts of 'wrong'. Time to embrace the possibilities that freedom will bring. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed my Uni students for ages but not the endless meetings and internal politics. Just a new adventure beckoning, but the last while can be very strange as you are experiencing. I got quite possessive about anyone else teaching 'my' courses:)

    ReplyDelete