Friday 3 April 2015

Friday

Yesterday was amazing - really the first spring day of the season, warm, sunny and a day for being outside.  Absolutely gorgeous.

I got cracking good and early so I had time to almost finish the skirt, start some gardening and make some tomato scones (yum) before Beth arrived.

I lugged the clothes horse outside and got my washing dried in the fresh air.  Beth couldn't stay for long after lunch so when she left I went out again and gardened leisurely for an hour or so before getting stuck into the ironing.  I also made some bread for her (I will have to deliver it this morning or afternoon) and it was so nice to pop the dough in a warm sunlit spot and see it growing almost visibly.  The small pleasures are the best!

It really was a lovely day.  Well, lovely apart from the fact that as I carried the garden rubbish to the bin via the path at the side of my property I was viciously attacked by a stem of old bramble that had obviously been there for a while, just hiding and waiting for me to come along and disturb it.  Ouch, ouch, ouch.  It took me about five minutes to disentangle myself and my lower legs are now covered in scratches which took ages to stop bleeding.  OK, not covered exactly, but enough to look quite startling!

Fingers crossed that today will be as nice as yesterday. Not the weather as it is dull and raining and iPod tells me that it is likely to continue all day, unfortunately.   I have no specific plans, just hoping that what I do will be pleasant and productive.  And that the bramble will go away and leave me alone!

I do have one plan - to go to Aldi.  When I was last there I decided to try their deodorant as the one I used was so flippin' expensive.  So I did and am very pleased with it so I want to get some more.  I also need stuff like dishwasher powder, etc.

Have a good day and stay dry!

Breadline update is in a separate entry.

4 comments:

  1. With that supermarket being almost just round the corner; I find my self doing more shopping there. Here we have grey skies and intermittent showers. Brambles are so difficult to get rid of, aren't they. Hope your legs get better soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you (in a nice way) for living so close by. Morrisons isn't so bad though and it is just round the corner from here. I prefer Aldi for some things however.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youch, you poor love - your encounter with the brambles sounds very painful indeed. Hope all those scratches heal up soon.
    Sounds like you had a lovely day otherwise and that's great. :o)
    Have a good day. S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Thanks, Sonja. They are going already and don't hurt a bit. Very superficial!
    J x

    ReplyDelete