Sunday, 27 September 2026

Sunday, 27-09-26

   Morning (just!) everyone.  A bit late this morning as I had a good lie in and have been making bread, both sourdough and yeasted.  The yeasted loaves are in the oven now so I'm keeping half an eye on the clock as I type.
(a good excuse for any typos!)

Isn't this nice?  I love it.  It's the cover of my diary for 2027.  I usually go for a marbled cover - yes, I pay extra for a pretty cover but I do have to look at it all year! - but this time, this one caught my eye.

Yesterday was, as expected, a quiet day.  I did some washing that dried on the line and I need to get that ironed at some point today.  I did some reading and some Governor stuff, continued with my cross stitch and watched more telly that I should really.


We had a beautiful sunset yesterday and that's another advantage of the trees being chopped back.  

There's two actually.  One is seeing sunsets in all their glory and also I can see the positive impact on my solar panels.  I know I rabbit on about those panels now and again but they have made such a difference to my spring/summer/autumn electricity usage and bills (around £20 per month and most of that is standing charge) and, since the tree chopping, as the days get shorter and the sun is lower, the panels are generating power much later in the day than before.

Don't get me wrong, I love those trees and would never want them cut right down, but I do appreciate some advantages when they have to be cut right back.

The Strictly season has started, of course.  I really enjoyed last night and I'm sure it will feature in my Sunday posts as time passes!

Today is still quiet but there's stuff to be done, all the same.  The aforementioned bread and ironing, of course plus bits and bobs.  I want to finish KCSIE and I'm nearing the end of a book I'd like to finish, maybe in bed this evening.


Finally (no cheering at the back, please), I've just taken Beth's loaves out of the oven.  Don't they look nice.

I use Thermione so it's perhaps all a bit of a cheat, but I mix and knead the sourdough first and remove it to a bowl.  Then I mix and knead the yeasted bread in the same bowl without cleaning it.  The little bit of sourdough really helps to get a great rise.

Better stop and send this as it's now afternoon, not morning.  I hope your Sunday is going really well.  
See you tomorrow.  xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment