Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday

The last day of the month.  September tomorrow.  Two thirds of the way through 2013.  Where has this year gone?  I know Autumn doesn't officially start until two thirds of the way through September but it starts feeling Autumn-y and certainly the evenings are increasingly shorter and the mornings correspondingly later to lighten.  Even today, while the sun is shining brightly, it is none too warm inside with the windows open.

Sorry I'm so late.  When I switched on the PC this morning it started up and then stopped.  I forced a shut down and tried again but nothing.  Oh, darn it.  So after doing the shopping I popped into school via the library and grabbed the laptop.  Once home I decided to connect it up to my new printer (which took some time) and now here I am.  I shall have to ask Eddie if he can help (again).  I'm not concerned about losing anything as there's a daily backup, it's just a right pain.

After a day in school yesterday, I feel I am more or less ready.  There's a few more things that need filing away but I can do that on Monday after whatever training we are having - something to do with fire safety and how to use the fire extinguishers, I believe.  I'm not sure why because if there is a fire (or the alarm goes off) our first and crucial responsibility is to get all the children out and to a place of safety but I'm sure all will be revealed in due course.

Today is a lazy day, which means that I will be buzzing around in the kitchen, reading, snoozing or watching telly in between getting the washing and ironing done and so on.  This weekend I can't defer to sometime in the next week, can I?  Normality returns to my life.  Ah well, eight weeks until half term!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely, restful yet productive day. Yes, back to the grindstone soon, good luck with learning how to use the fire extinguishers et al! Should be fub! :o) Will be thinking of you on Monday and here's to a happy new term! :o)
    S.xxx

    ReplyDelete