Thursday 22 August 2013

Thursday again

(while waiting for two loaves to prove)

On Teacher's Recipes, Diane commented about how lovely it must be to have the pool.  It's wonderful and I so enjoy my gentle up and back, up and back for however long I want.
I used to belong to a local health club, just to use the pool.   However, it was expensive and became not worth it so I discontinued membership.  However, I have been missing the swimming.

I thought I would just look up our local public pool(s) to see how much/when/etc and had a pleasant surprise.
Firstly I can now get into the public swimming times free.  That's right, totally free.  Being over 60 has some advantages.  I have to go down with proof that I am over 60 and proof that I live in the borough.  Of course, I will have to pay for car parking but I can swallow that.  It's got to be better than the health club fees and I could find out about buses, I suppose, should the need arise.
The second is that while I am not keen on swimming at busy times (won't do it, in fact), the first swim starts at 6:30 with an early bird public session.  For me that's well into the morning!!!

I think I have myself a plan!!!

Borrowed from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment