I've uploaded my photos and I also have some taken by others in the group but need some time to get everything organised before I can blog. Patience is a virtue!
Just to say that it was such a lovely time away. We all got on well, the Mill and the food Darren provided for us were amazing, Lindsey did classes, we went out and about when we wanted to and it was all included.
It wasn't touristy so no souvenirs, no fridge magnets, just loads and loads of memories.
Just to say that it was such a lovely time away. We all got on well, the Mill and the food Darren provided for us were amazing, Lindsey did classes, we went out and about when we wanted to and it was all included.
It wasn't touristy so no souvenirs, no fridge magnets, just loads and loads of memories.
Back home, there was obviously a lot more rain than we had - we just had one very dramatic mountain storm on Wednesday evening and the rest of the time it was glorious! I can see why afternoon siesta is a thing though!
So - this morning I took just a a few garden photos because why not? Here we go!
So - this morning I took just a a few garden photos because why not? Here we go!
I did a reverse google search and they (I dug up several plantlets) appear to be nicotiana sylvestris or woodland tobacco plant.
Now, I remember planting one two years ago that really didn't do much at all so I guess it was pondering its options, so to speak.
Now, I remember planting one two years ago that really didn't do much at all so I guess it was pondering its options, so to speak.
Here's some into on the RHS site.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/69785/nicotiana-sylvestris/details
https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/69785/nicotiana-sylvestris/details
It's really quite dramatic and the flowers are wow!
It's really just as well I removed them from the middle bed because it's absolutely crowded now and looking a lot nicer that this photos would suggest.
I had to photo the tomatoes, of course. Chris and Tracy have picked as I asked them to but there are more coming. It's just as well I tied them up or the whole lot would have fallen by now, probably damaging the canes as they fell.
The rhubarb is dying back now so I will be removing the dead leaves soon, there's autumn raspberries to pick and. . .
Time to go up and get ready for circuits. Yes, home one day and Lindsey is straight into the new block the following day. Where she gets her energy from I don't know. She was amazing all through last week and on she bounces into Autumn fitness.
I'll organise my photos today and probably do two or three posts about last week. It was lovely and it's also nice to be home again. Win win and now I want to do some Spanish meals as well as by Cretan ones and all the usual normal cuisine stuff.
Fun!
Fun!
Have a lovely day, everyone - have you had plenty of rain too?
Take care, stay dry and see you tomorrow!
Take care, stay dry and see you tomorrow!





Welcome back Joy. I look forward to seeing some photos. I am glad you had a lovely time. I have travelled in that part of Spain so am familiar with the terrain. Rachelx
ReplyDeleteIt's both interesting and dramatic, isn't it? Lots of marble quarrying and you can see exposed veins as you drive past. I need to look up the geology - the way the rock folded and rippled was lovely. xx
DeleteGlad to hear you are back safe I’ll look forward to seeing your pictures.
ReplyDeleteWow, that pear……. Very precious, the flower too, always nice when you get a surprise like that.
Plenty of rain here, the grass looks like it normally does in spring 😀
Alison in Devon x
Lovely to read you had a fab holiday, looking forward to the photos. That nicotiana is gorgeous, what a lovely surprise. Enjoy your pear when you eat it! xx
ReplyDelete